what has happened to the ranking here

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

what has happened to the ranking here

14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Re: what has happened to the ranking here

It now says 'Newbie', so someone's faffing with something!

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

I think there might be some kind of delay... not sure why. I saw a new user create two posts earlier and their profile had 'messages posted: 0' but i could clearly see there was two posts in their feed. Checked back a few minutes later and their post count was registering.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Community Veteran

still says N/A for me

Community Veteran

Well there is something going on, that's for sure, I'll update the relevant thread and notify you.

Browni
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 35

@jaread83 I've came across an oddity in post counts as well...

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Plusnet-Hub-One-assigns-wrong-non-existent-DNS-IP/m-p/...

I must have been really bad in a previous life. This is my 3rd ISP in a row that uses lithium.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

This will need to raised as a support ticket with Lithium to investigate as I can't tell why the numbers would be different.

@LouisaMartin, can you please raise this with Lithium? I will update our internal big tracker.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Community Veteran

now says newbie

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Same. But now as an admin it says they have 3 posts. Opened a new private browsing session and (as an anonymous, not logged in user) it shows up as having 7 posts. Louisa is just raising this with lithium now to investigate whats going on.

Community Veteran

Could this be an issue with load balancing or replication of the hosts?

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That would explain the slight delay if the load balancer is waiting to sync between each other.

I will wait for a response from Lithium and see whats going on.

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Mook wrote:

Could this be an issue with load balancing or replication of the hosts?

edit:  Overlap with @jaread83 reply.

This has been raised several times previously in relation to other 'oddities' but so far no response or 'fix' from lithium.  It must remain a high possibilty candidate and in need of some serious investigation. 

Any clues as to just what lithium are actively investigating on behalf of Plusnet?

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

I belive a list of fixes was asked for  a few weeks ago ........ we still awaiting a answer

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We have a full internal list of things being looked at but this list is for internal use only and we cannot currently show this list on a public forum.

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We have got a response from Lithium about the ranking issue and it looks like there was a problem with the formula used for the very first rank and it would happen after registration. The first rank requires 1 login but after registering that first login after completing the form does not count. The users that were spotted as have N/A as their rank had simply just stayed logged in after registering. I checked those users that were pointed out and they have since signed in again thus gaining the rank.

I have adjusted the rank to not require the formula so after a user registers they will automatically be assigned the 'just looking' rank.

If you spot any new users with the N/A rank that registered on or after 21/07/2016, please let me know and I will look into this further.

Thanks for the feedback on this guys, I do appreciate it.