typing out a reply and get the following error message

FIXED
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

typing out a reply and get the following error message

@JonoH 

As requested.

I've just spent a fair bit of time composing a detailed reply to the post "Honest opinion of Plusnet service".

I had almost finished typing (including a link to assist with the questions raised) when this popped up, before I'd even finished:

mid reply.PNG

I know why it happens, it's when a mod (rightly) moves the post to the correct section of the forums.

It does however pis really annoy me that the 'system' stops the reply from being posted.

This isn't the first time this has happened, but hope it will be my last. Well it will be one way or the other.

No, I'm not going to bother replying now, wasted too much time on this already when my time could be better used elsewhere.

The 'fix' should be that replies being composed, or indeed when they're about to be posted, should move with the post.

(no fault of the mods, but it's another step closer to why bother)

2 REPLIES 2
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: typing out a reply and get the following error message

Fix

Hi @DS 

Thanks for the feedback, as you've pointed out that's not a bug so to speak but a symptom of how the forums work. There is now nothing to post your reply to at that location.

When this has happened to me I usually find the back button rescues my post. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: typing out a reply and get the following error message

Thank you Jono.

However, I do, more often than not, get another error message upon clicking back.

I did not copy it, but the URL ends in form.form.form

(from there I cannot see my post or any reference to one being auto saved. It's like it thinks it posted)

But anyway, it doesn't matter now. I'm not going to bother retyping it.