cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No posts to display", a thought.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"No posts to display", a thought.

This is just a thought in the passing. Having marked all posts as read I see that the Options dropdown list control is still active when there are “No posts to display” so no action can be done, so purely based on aesthetics it would be nice if this control was either disabled (or removed) when this was the case.

Is this doable?

3 REPLIES 3
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: "No posts to display", a thought.

This isn't something I can implement but I can certainly put the idea forward on the Lithium developer forums for future releases.

edit: I have posted this idea on the Lithium 'ideas' board.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh! I thought it was your code that rendered this page so a 'simple' CSS trick could have been used to disable / hide the control. As I said just a thought, but it would be interesting to hear Lithium's take on the suggestion.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

If I had full control of the code, things would be different and I would be implementing all sorts of new stuff with improvements to the UX and more functionality where needed. Unfortunately, a lot of the pages are the 'standard' pages that have been given a bit of CSS facelift from myself and I have no access to how things work on the backend code.

Inspecting the options menu, there are no classes applied to the buttons to indicate that it is disabled when there are no posts to display so my hands are tied on that. The other option would be to use javascript to check if there are any posts and apply a class to the button to indicate that it should be disabled or not.. but that's a dirty hack that i'd rather not apply as it could create a slight performance hit on a page that is used a lot.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.