cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Mark all Posts in Community as Read" Can this action be changed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Mark all Posts in Community as Read" Can this action be changed?

I am sure I have mentioned this before but this ‘issue’ is becoming quite annoying (maybe a bit like me).

When I land on the community site I use this URL to view the unread posts, so I may for example get 5 unread posts. I’ll read through the posts as I can see the full content so I don't need to bounce around the groups to read them and if needed I'll open a post in a new tab to make my reply.

However, even if I do not reply and it takes me X seconds or indeed X minutes to read the posts when I then select Options > Mark all Posts in Community as Read it does just what it says! So any new posts that have arrived while I’ve been reading are missed.

Is there anyway, that when this option is selected, that only the posts listed are marked as Read so when the action completes your are then presented with the new posts made while I was reading.

2 REPLIES 2
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: "Mark all Posts in Community as Read" Can this action be changed?

What I do is to scroll through the threads and open any that interest me in a new tab. That way I can quite quickly mark them all read and peruse the ones I want to at my leisure.

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Mark all Posts in Community as Read" Can this action be changed?

That's an option @Marksfish, but I'm hardly asking for the end of the world it's not as if it can't be done.