cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

own picture as avatar

community
Grafter

own picture as avatar

My own pic has sudenly gone and been replaced by a silly "red cross" in my profile and it therefore shows a "silly red cross" by my posts.  Angry
why is that?
I have been back to the setup of my profile and entered the correct location of my pic from my folders...to no avail  Sad
29 REPLIES 29
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: own picture as avatar

the folder fuji isn't accessible
also the correct address is http://www.music2myears.plus.com/ and you missed out the www
pierre_pierre
Grafter

which probably means that he was fed up with the thousands of access to his pics,  one of aur forum a while back had an airbus picture get to the top of Google search for the same reason
community
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
the folder fuji isn't accessible
also the correct address is http://www.music2myears.plus.com/ and you missed out the www

By chance I see that you have moved my post about the pic....Can I assume that I will be informed about it?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

When we move posts we don't normally send a notification - so the answer is no although there is a move post where it started from
pierre_pierre
Grafter

if you look where it was you will see the new address there  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,90303.0.html
best is to copy the picture to your machine, then add it from there,  I have had trouble this week, for some reason it didnt like JPG, converted it to GIF, no problem
community
Grafter

You will see above that my avatar pic has reappeared now...but strangely only after I changed it from gif to jpg!!!
It's a funny old world isn'it?
dick:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend

not to me it hasn't
pierre_pierre
Grafter

nor me
community
Grafter

Stranger and stranger!
I wonder if it's because my PC understands the url because it has it on file? and nobody else but me therefore can see it????Huh
By the way pierre, there is a silly red star where your avatar should be on my PC!
hadden
Grafter

I notice that the address has some "\" in it. Try changing these to "/".
By the way, I wouldn't normally see the image myself, as I disable any images not loaded from the community server. So, I only see avatars that are loaded into the user's profile.
community
Grafter

@JohnJ
Although the url contained some "\" 's, it still successfully brought up the pic anyway.
However, I have changed the "\" 's  to"/" 's  as per your suggestion,and still the pic shows OK.
So it seems that  on my monitor it doesnt matter which formula I use.
BUT
Has my avatar now appeared to all?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It has for me Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
hadden
Grafter

The lack of appearance may depend upon the browser being used.
Internet Exploder (as it is really part of Windows) will understand "\" more readily than standard browsers like Firefox.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not here on Firefox, is mine showng any one?