cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

is it me missing something ? 

new topics or posts are not highlighted enough , the old site you had a big NEW ! so it was obvious what was posted , but all i notice now is font changes , with my not so good eyes it not quite obvious enough .

or is there a secret setting i have missed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
6 REPLIES 6
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: new posts

Beat me to the post - I was just about to make the same observation!

The *Unread* posts / Topics do have a slightly darker Font colour, but its just not an easily visible change.  Possibly need to mark These entries with a larger Font size AND improve the colour balance to improve speed reading?

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Try clicking on the Unread Posts or Topics  Quick Links at the bottom of the page, or click on the > on the RHS of those modules on the Home page.
You can move between Topics and Posts using the two tabs, and you can show a Preview or Full text.

They are all Unread (New) until you've read them of course, when they should disappear from the list (on refresh or next visit). You should both find that easier.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

I already use that process when I'm in 'Unread Topics / Posts'  but frequently I prefer to review the unread posts within a board and this is where it is more difficult to differentiate the Topics with an Unread reply.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Don't forget the "Read" ones will have 0 "unread" replies, ah but you don't get that on the board list. We could do with the balloon icons showing their are unread replies.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Correct!  Grin   Just another of the missing features.  The coders are going to busy next week, though I'd agree that this is lower priority

M

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

@Anotherone wrote:

We could do with the balloon icons showing their are unread replies.

Agreed - this is probably the feature from the old Forum I miss the most.