cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jump to first unread message

sjptd
Grafter

jump to first unread message

Most forums jump to the first unread message in a topic when the topic is opened.  This forum doesn't for me, and I can't see a setting for it.  Am I missing something, or is for not supported for some extraordinary reason?
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: jump to first unread message

Use the link to Unread Posts then click on the icon to the left of the thread
sjptd
Grafter

Thanks for the answer.  The 'Unread Posts' link goes to a list of threads with unread posts on it.  I want a link that goes the first unread message on the current thread; or preferably an option so that it goes to that post automatically when I open the thread.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

But if you then click on the icon to the left of the thread it takes you to the first unread post in that thread
Checking - there appears to be another option - I can't test it because I don't have any unread posts but if you click on the new icon to the left of the thread does it take you to the first unread post
I have moved this thread to the correct board
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

It always works that way for me. Exactly what is required.  Cool
And if you just want to look at the very last (new) post, the link to that is over on the right.
(I do that sometimes on rambling threads just to check if any commonsense has returned  Cheesy )
To make life easier on the various forums I participate in I have a "new" shortcut in my browser for each, so just click on that to get a list of new threads/posts (depending on the forum software).
For PN my shortcut is simply: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=unread
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Just checked on this thread and clicking on this icon takes you to the first unread post
sjptd
Grafter

Thank you both very much, clicking on the 'new' to le left of the thread title is exactly what I wanted.
And the last (new) post link will also be useful.
Just shows that something which should be 'obvious' isn't if you approach it from the wrong direction.
Thanks also for moving to correct thread.