Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forum really playing up this morning

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

forum really playing up this morning

When posting on the chat forum I have been getting full pages of.....Plusnet will do you proud....

In addition to that I am getting a up to date list of top thanked authors but with the Avatirs been shown in the postage stamp boxes like the old forum rather than the buttons in current use.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
8 REPLIES 8
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: forum really playing up this morning

Sounds like the CSS failed to load at the time as the logo being loaded wasn't being squeezed down to the correct size (its a vector graphic so is massive when not scaled down). Did the issue resolve itself when you refreshed? Sometimes assets might fail to load due to your connection or browser configuration. If the issue resolved itself after a refresh, then this isn't an issue but if it persists on every page you try then that is definately an issue we need to look into.

Edit: This is the SVG you saw when the CSS failed to load

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

are you able to get some screenshots of this as well? If you are familiar with browser developer tools, could I request seeing a screenshot of the NET tab which will give details of what failed to load and why? To do this, right click on a page and click 'inspect element' and it will bring up a box. There should be a tab called 'NET' or 'Network' which will display all the stuff being loaded on a page. You might need to refresh the page to get the details loaded into the Net tab.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@jaread83 wrote:

Sounds like the CSS failed to load at the time as the logo being loaded wasn't being squeezed down to the correct size (its a vector graphic so is massive when not scaled down). Did the issue resolve itself when you refreshed? Sometimes assets might fail to load due to your connection or browser configuration. If the issue resolved itself after a refresh, then this isn't an issue but if it persists on every page you try then that is definately an issue we need to look into.

Edit: This is the SVG you saw when the CSS failed to load

Yes, that is exactly the SAV I saw.

Regarding your other post I am not really savvy with the other things you are referring to so am unable to post screen shots, I was using a tablet when this occured and not a desktop, not sure if that is relevant.

Equally it has never happened before and I have posted a lot on the forum since the change over to the new forum

We are born into history and history is born into us.
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Okay no problem about the screenshots. I will keep my eye on it but it would indicate that the connection dropped while loading the page or it timed out when requesting the assets which isn't something that can be fixed on my end. I will dig out my old tablet later on and give it a try using that on this site.

After the initial problem occurred, did it happen again after a page refresh? Were you having any connectivity issues with your Internet at the time? Maybe other sites or services were slow to load?

Mav
Fixes: 515

@jaread83 wrote:

After the initial problem occurred, did it happen again after a page refresh? Were you having any connectivity issues with your Internet at the time? Maybe other sites or services were slow to load?

I experienced a similar thing in the early hours. Subsequently I did notice that I seemed to be having connectivity issues which only a router power down/reboot would resolve.

All was fine again after that.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

it might also be something to do with Lithiums own maintenance window which occurs in the early hours of tuesday morning (I think).

Glad the problem didn't persist after a reboot/refresh.

Mav
Fixes: 515

But it was Wednesday morningWink

Did have to just check, thoughEmbarrassed

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Oh yeah.. its wednesday..

I'm losing track of days!