Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forum ranks

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: forum ranks

I wouldn't say I was up to speed on everything by any means Wink @w23 as done a bit more research into these rankings and I'd guess he'd be better placed to do that Smiley

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

... wrote a reply, pressed Post, and it disappeared : /  usually I have the forethought to make a copy Roll_eyes

anyway if you wouldn't mind liaising with whoever you think best, I'd appreciate that (not on line here that regularly, and don't know everyone here as well as you do).

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anotherone wrote:

Somebody could take offense at a Rank 'Old Codger' but you seemed happy with that Tongue

Come on, think of a better name then that fits. Here's the current list (approximately I think).

• Just Looking  0 posts (unconfirmed email?)
  • Browser  0 posts
  • Hooked   1-5 posts
  • Newbie  6 posts to 500
  • Contributor 501 to 1500?
  • Valued Contributor 1501 to xx?
  • Experienced Contributor xx to yy?
  • Knowledgeable Contributor (for the 'new' Bright Sparks)
  • Long Term or Time Contributor (to replace Veteran.)

For those that want rankings I've added my 10p worth to @Anotherone's list.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Penny wrote

I realise it's probably a bit galling when you guys have clearly put a lot of time and effort into making things as good as possible, but the 99% of us who weren't part of that elite group were never likely to agree with absolutely everything that had been decided : /

@Penny For the record, there were decisions which much of the 1% did not agree with.  This topic is the more memorable of those we had to agree that we did not agree with the proposals.  That was closely followed by style and use of space...

So, a few things have got flagged up (not just ranks, but other stuff also) but hopefully in a constructive way.  The fact that people here say what they think, is no reflection on anyone involved with the set-ups and it doesn't mean we don't appreciate what was done : ) 

I spent most of my free time for 6+ weeks testing this stuff.  It is a real disappointment that we are seeing issues here which were not seen in the test system.  There is a great deal of understandable frustration here.  Your solace is heartening, but the state of play remains disappointing. Undecided

Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Hi Kevin,

> I spent most of my free time for 6+ weeks testing this stuff.  It is a real disappointment that we are seeing issues here which were not seen in the test system.

... yes, I can understand that.  PN are probably tearing their hair out behind the scenes, but hopefully they'll be able to roll-back changes made last Friday, one at a time, and identify which change caused all the issues : /

> For the record, there were decisions which much of the 1% did not agree with.  This topic is the more memorable of those we had to agree that we did not agree with the proposals.  That was closely followed by style and use of space...

... well I think the reactions of the 99% have probably echoed your sentiments : D

and so, given time (and once the *functional* aspects have been rectified), perhaps PN would be amenable to progressive changes to these three factors.

Penny.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Just do away with forum ranks SIMPLES Buck2

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Oh well, don't appear to have been banned yet, so I'll take that as a bonus Wink

Will check this reply appears.