Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forum problems this morning?

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

forum problems this morning?

I was trying to load it from 12.30 am to about 12.40 but it kept timing out, the main http://community.plus.net/ link worked but not http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
18 REPLIES 18
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: forum problems this morning?

Well I was having problems with this yesterday afternoon and evening, although I wasn't patient enough to let it timeout, you get to recognise the symptoms after this has been happening periodically for all this time  Roll_eyes
I have to say I'm getting rather sick of it, but with the current Network issues, to expect Plusnet to make a concerted effort to resolve this is probably like asking for blood from a stone!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too  Roll_eyes
I have also had other odd problems.
The most common annoyance, is that some days for about 10% of "Topic Reply" emails I receive two identical emails for one topic update.
Last week I got a "Topic Update" email, but when I followed the link the topic was still just the original posting with no replies.
Another oddity that happens occasionally, is that everything on the forum pages appears to work- except the "SEARCH" at the top of the page.
Trying to click on it nothing happens, or trying to open it in a new browser tab still nothing happens.
Maybe there needs to be a new thread for things that need to be addressed by a future forum update, as I have several suggestions on improvements I would like to see, in addition to fixing the current odd behavior problems.
I agree with 'Anotherone' that the priority should be fixing the network issues first,
and I would suggest then fixing the broken (so called support) ticket system !.  Angry
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

i'm getting a lot of timeouts and hangs.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anotherone
Champion

Actually (re-)training some agents might be a good idea for the latter purleigh Huh They're probably all using Jess  Lips_are_sealed
Funnily enough, I haven't had the problem this morning (so far) [touchwood smiley]
Edit: Spoke too soon - had a bunch of gremlins just now, gone away again.
Anotherone
Champion

Well I wonder if the March events above were due to http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,112704.0.html that I've just stumbled across!
That was helpful, a Service Status wouldn't have gone amiss would it  Roll_eyes
colintivy
Rising Star

I have just stumbled on this topic. I have just posted on Broadband forum my recent experiences since Friday last with my almost futile attempts to get at anything like any websites (although my main concern was to get on to Plus.net for obvious reasons) with many tries ending in time-outs all day Saturday,Sunday, Monday or Tuesday.This pm I found actual connection  performance has restored itself, although my Download speed, as reported by Belkin Router, has not quite returned to normal. In fact it only went down from 7552Kb,Atten 7db to 6144Kb,Atten 10db for the entire time which did not reveal what was happening. Is it possible that the PN modifications last week took longer to get into gear or did BT have a serious foul-up? I did not have time to explore different routes with much alternative activity in hand to cope with, I will be interested in what you all found.
Huh
Anotherone
Champion

Hi Colin,
Was going to send you an email to see how you were doing, having not heard from you for a while - I'll do that shortly anyway.
No, the problem in this thread was purely the performance of this Forum, with the recent posts referring to that bit of maintenance.
You obviously had a line issue, and Chris Pettitt has responded to your post over on Broadband and Routers and reset your line.
I'll catch up with you shortly.
Mav
Fixes: 514

Very slow this morning. No time-outs, yet, but pages taking ages to load.
Other sites don't seem to have any problems.
Edit: Ironic but this post loaded very quickly Roll_eyes

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Just had the community site and forum failing to load, but never got a 404/405 error
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
picbits
Rising Star

I've just had a hung page when trying to reply to a post by Oldjim
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We had a couple of blips here too, seems to be ok again now so we'll keep an eye on it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had problems sending forum messages !
I had created a new message, with correct "To:" and "Subject:" fields, and had spent ages writing the text, I hit the "Send message" button and it just sat doing nothing for about 2 minutes, and then timed out with the error message shown below and lost all my text !
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interestingly when I submitted the above post, my browser timed out as if the message hadn't submitted.
I then did a refresh, which told me another post had been submitted - which it hadn't !  Crazy
picbits
Rising Star

That's what appeared to happen to mine - the page hung but when I refreshed the page it was there.