cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email notifications

Colin
Grafter

Re: email notifications

If you raise a ticket, can you PM me the ticket number?
I'd also be interested if you could check your logs to see if you are seeing anything hitting it from *.plus.net domains...
RobDickson
Grafter

I have just sent the ticket number to you by PM.
I'm afraid I can't get access to my mail logs myself, I will need to contact my web host to do this, and I'd rather not have to do that.
I received your e-mail, test e-mails that I sent myself, e-mails that I sent from work to my home e-mail account, and an e-mail from support confirming the ticket number.
Both work and home e-mail accounts send using relay.plus.net at the moment.
RobDickson
Grafter

Just got a reply to my ticket:
Posting on the forum is the correct thing to do. I'll ask the person who runs it to take a look.

I've just changed my forum e-mail address to my PlusNet e-mail address. I'll wait and see whether that helps.
RobDickson
Grafter

Having a PlusNet e-mail address in my profile works, but I don't like relying on one company's e-mail servers.
RobDickson
Grafter

I replied to the ticket, to say that you'd suggested that I raise a ticket to solve the problem, and the reply was:
Having checked my own community site account have you gone to profile, then notification's and email and chosen the options that best suit you? I'm afraid this is the only answer I can give you other than to ensure your email address is correct in your account.

I have already checked all of this, and it hasn't solved the problem. Using a non-PlusNet e-mail address seems to be the problem. How can I get this sorted out?
Colin
Grafter

I'll pass the tickets to Networks to look at shortly, but both my Gmail and non-PlusNet domain name receive the email fine so my first thoughts is that it might be something to do with your email provider.
Do you know if they do any spam filtering etc.?
RobDickson
Grafter

My domain hosting company does have spam filtering, but it's of the type that tags the subject line with [***SPAM***], and I haven't received any such e-mails.
As far as I'm aware, I haven't missed any other e-mails.
Thanks for your help.
Colin
Grafter

One of my colleagues in Networks has now responded to your ticket.
cheers
Colin
RobDickson
Grafter

So he has. Hopefully you have solved the problem now.
I'll change my e-mail address back to my usual address, and see whether I get notifications.
RobDickson
Grafter

I've just had an e-mail notification to my normal address for the first time in ages.
Thanks for sorting out the inconsistency in your database.
RobDickson
Grafter

Colin, I'm sorry to be a pain, but could you look at my details in the community database again? I seem to have stopped receiving notifications, despite not changing any settings.