Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this ever end?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Will this ever end?

One thing it MIGHT do is stop that annoying survey - but please note the 'might'.Roll_eyes

John
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

It's got be better odds working than dreaming that one day these forums might go more than a few weeks without them breaking!!

How many wheels are left on this wagon......?Cheesy

(edit. typo, but this now works too)

jab1
Legend

Maybe 1? @DS Grin

John
DS
Seasoned Champion

Funny

And chances are it's buckled tooAngel

Let's hope it doesn't collapse as these forums might finally fall overShocked - oh, hang on, that's my trick!Wink

<hears the distant creaking of a what sounds like to be a wooden wheel>

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@JonoH, Its that its broken for some but not others scenario again. Do you recall a week or two back, when it was all badly broken for you but OK for me. Well its broken for me, is it OK for you? Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Launched a new browser session and it was OK.

Returned here and refreshed the page - still not OK

Did this reply … and all is OK.

Its 01:50 is a system upgrade in progress?  Could that have an impact on end user experience … but this topic was started earlier this evening!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DS
Seasoned Champion

So as this issue seems to be back, but this time only for Townman, what is the trigger?

I'm wondering if one glitch is causing all of these reports and the finger pointing is at the wrong company, as in it's actually whomever puts the survey up on the forums. Possibly another third party working for/with Plusnet?

On the other thread, I had issues before the survey popup, but these went away after clicking no thanks.

This time I had issues after the survey had already been declined for several hours and these issues fixed themselves after forcing the survey to popup, whereby declining it again my most recent issues were yet again fixed for me.

I know the PN site is currently down again for maintenance, but this can't be a reason as surely my issues would also come back.

It's clear that something isn't right and it's about time we found out what causes them to play up.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@Townman wrote:

Launched a new browser session and it was OK.

Returned here and refreshed the page - still not OK

Did this reply … and all is OK.

Are you using the latest version of FF per chance?Smiley Reason I ask is I'm fairly certain it doesn't always respond to mouse clicks. Just came from another website and several times I had to hit the pad more than once to get it to do something. Noticed the same yesterday sometimes on the desktop too.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
jab1
Legend

@idonno That's strange, I'm on FF67.0 64-bit and have been since release, but never noticed that.

John
idonno
Champion

I'm on Ver 67 too. Maybe its a glitch but earlier it was really a 'what are you doing' moment.

Although this is a W10 machine. W10 downloading in the background etc? Wish I could nuke W10 downloads to a more civilised time. Lost count how many times ' Please wait' pops up on start up.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
jab1
Legend

W10? Probably your answer then.Smiley

I know every time I used my mums machine, especially after my non-techie sister had closed it down in the middle of an update, I was locked out for up to 30 minutes. Why do MS think they know better than the user? and why do updates on that system take such an inordinate length of time?Huh

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jab1 wrote:

Why do MS think they know better than the user?

Because not every user can write their own Operating System Wink

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@idonno 

FF?  No I use something less buggy - Edge - well it does not apparently need to be updated every other day!

jab1
Legend

@Anonymous wrote:

@jab1 wrote:

Why do MS think they know better than the user?

Because not every user can write their own Operating System Wink

@Anonymous That wasn't my point, and you know it. Wink My point was that on all previous Windows versions, the user was able to decide when to download and install updates when convenient to them, not when MS decided to disrupt whatever they were doing.

John
idonno
Champion

@Townman wrote: Edge - well it does not apparently need to be updated every other day!

2funny:FunnyFunny So true, Android too. 7 updates this morning, lost count how many this week. I was updating the wife's laptop (W10, doesn't use it much) on Sunday. 3 hours later! Finally finished.

Currently on the desktop (FF) and Plusnet seems to be working fine... big fingers crossed.