Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is this board EDITING MY POST?

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Why is this board EDITING MY POST?

I have just noticed today that if I leave a trailing character and go back to edit a previous word or paste something then the trailing character is DELETED BY THE BOARD

So I have a line of text with a trailing character, (try it yourself), move the cursor off that character and then press end to get to the end of the line the trailing character is lost.

It is OK if it is more than one char, but if you have just started typing some thing and notice an error and go back then use END to get to the end of the line the character is deleted.

Even does it if you are at the end of the line and press end.

7 REPLIES 7
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Why is this board EDITING MY POST?

Just about to try it.

It's just like the man says!  Press 'End' and it goes past the single char and does a backspace to erase.

Another unwanted feature in TinyMCECheesy

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

That's very odd behaviour. I don't have an END key on my keyboard so I didn't realise this!

@LouisaMartin, can you raise this with Lithium please? It sounds like a product bug so would be affecting all Lithium communities.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anotherone
Champion

Well, well, well Cheesy You learn something new everyday Wink It certainly does do it!

The reason I've never discovered it, and I'd guess many others, is because I very very rarely use Home, End, Page Up or Page Down keys when typing/editing a post (unless in a DOS type environment) - I pretty well always use the mouse to position the cursor.

HairyMcbiker
All Star

I am pretty much keyboard driven, I type using both hands so the movement to move the mouse is a lot of waste, I just move my right hand to the movement group.
Probably from my starting in the dim distant past when mice were 4 legged beasties to be killed. GUI's were unheard off.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@jaread83

Just tried this on BT Community and the issue is there too. So not a Plusnet specific thing.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry for the late reply on this one. @LouisaMartin has been busy with a mountain of stuff so I don't think she has raised the issue with Lithium yet and this fell through the net. My apologies that this one was waiting in the wings.

What I have done is I have placed this issue on my bug tracker so when we sit down in the weekly community meeting (every Friday) we can raise it there and then when discussing the outstanding issues and requested features.

Thank you for your patience in this matter. When we raise this with Lithium they should roll out a fix in one of their release cycles but I wouldn't know when that would be.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

So I raised this on the Lithium support forum and an engineer got back to me about it. This particular bug had already been picked up and should be released in the 16.6 version of the software update (we are currently 16.5 at the time of this post).

Thanks.