cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does "Insert Photos" not place the picture at the current cursor position ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why does "Insert Photos" not place the picture at the current cursor position ?

To be fair - that's not saying much, as it seems like all the issues occurred subsequent to the forum going live !

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Why does "Insert Photos" not place the picture at the current cursor position ?

And the only difference between that and the test platform was supposed to be the Google Analytics Click tracking stuff.

Anotherone
Champion

Are you sure your Firewall, any AV or an Ad or Script blocker isn't blocking anything. You had that oddity with the Security Certificate as well. I'm asking because you have such a bespoke setup.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't systematically gone through disabling each of those things (yet).

Mainly because I don't have issues with ANY other website, so I don't see why they would cause a problem here.

I have never known any of those security tools to incorrectly block anything that wasn't genuinely dodgy.

I can say that all the security tools I use are fully up to date, as virus definitions, the Google malware database, bogon lists, country blocking lists, etc, ALL get fully downloaded and refreshed automatically every hour.

I will have to leave fiddling with those things for another day, because I do all security at my network perimeter (within my router) rather than on my PCs, so I will have to wait until such time that nobody else is sharing my connection before I can disable AV, anti-malware, etc.

But don't hold your breath, because I'm not expecting to find anything !

Anotherone
Champion

I'm not holding my breath Wink I just find this totally intriguing and mystifying. You might want to try with browser add-ons disabled in case it's some weird oddity there. I know I had one where althouigh the add-on was Disabled, it's presence was still causing the problem. Uninstalling it completely solved the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another strangeness, being different from your setup !

@Oldjim wrote:

the basic problem is that you can't type above a picture if there isn't a blank or text line there but providing you do a carriage return (which puts in a blank line) then you can do what you want.

I've just posted a new topic, where the first thing I did was insert a picture, then I moved the cursor (using keyboard arrows) to before the picture, and simply started typing - and it works as expected.

I didn't have the problem that @Oldjim or @Anotherone have described !

Anotherone
Champion

well well well, actually I can do the same, but it feels a lot more clunky Lips_are_sealed

SecurityCert_Plusnet_Community_2016_05_01.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anotherone wrote:

Are you sure your Firewall, any AV or an Ad or Script blocker isn't blocking anything. You had that oddity with the Security Certificate as well. I'm asking because you have such a bespoke setup.

I have now eliminated all those things, and sent details of what I did, before and after, to Bob.

The short answer is my usual network does not affect how this forum operates, but does make it load 2 seconds faster !