cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did my last post disappear ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why did my last post disappear ?

I've just spent 15 minutes composing a reply to a topic, did a [Preview], then [Post].

The posting seemed to be accepted, and the page refreshed to a previous reply in the same topic.

Normally after pressing [Post] the page displayed is usually (annoyingly) the start of the previous reply, even if that reply is now on a previous page.

On this occasion, the reply displayed was about half way down the first page (of a three page topic).

I wanted to check that nobody else had invisibly replied between the previous last reply in the topic and the response that I had just typed,  so I navigate to the end of the topic, and my reply was missing.

I've also gone via my profile to look at my post history, and my reply isn't there.

The text is also missing from the  "Autosaved Drafts", so I have lost everything that I typed.

So I've just wasted (again) 15 minutes of my time, attempting to contribute to this forum, and now my posts are getting lost.

Angry

43 REPLIES 43
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Why did my last post disappear ?

Doupt very much if you get a reply from PN till monday

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not expecting any sensible reply, as I doubt if Plusnet will have any clue as to what went wrong, and like every other problem we have reported, either they won't do anything about it, or blame Lithium and say the best that can be done is submit a fault report for investigation - which Lithium won't be able to replicate, or blame Mozilla for the wrong sort of web browser.  Resulting in nothing being done AGAIN !.

This forum is still in a sorry state (after more than 9 weeks), and progress on putting it right is pathetic.

Angry

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I'm sure we'll do all we can to investigate.

If we're not able to replicate an issue, that does hinder investigations as we're then just looking at something blindly.

I don't really think it's fair to say nothing has been done. Lot's of changes have been made to try and fix problems we've experienced, many of which had not even occurred on the staging site during testing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure they will investigate, but barely anything has improved in more than NINE WEEKS, and it is immensely frustrating when there has been virtually no progress in ALL that time.

If Plusnet was taking this forum seriously, then they would assign somebody to be working on it full time, at least until it was in a usable state, and the number of error reports slowed down.

Interestingly, I just tried again to reply to the topic (which THIS thread is about), and EXACTLY the same thing happened !.  I had a reply, I posted it, and the reply isn't there AGAIN !

Fortunately I copied the HTML text into a text editor, before I posted, so at least I don't need to compose the reply again.

Can someone else try posting a reply here - Bug Fixes Incoming - 13 May 16,  to see whether that topic is locked, or broken ?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Site-Feedback/Bug-Fixes-Incoming-13-May-16/m-p/1341966#M1044...

and I bounced between Rich Text to Preview to HTML and back to Rich Text before posting

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oldjim, Thanks for trying.

I did wonder whether the topic was locked, but you have proved it isn't.

I think someone is deleting my posts.

I just posted a NEW TOPIC with a copy of the text that I tried to post in the other thread, that posted OK.  I looked at the forum board and it was there.  After a few minutes I looked again, and now it has been deleted.

Maybe a coincidence, but this morning, someone had gone through 'TAGS' that I had added mostly to my own posts, to act as personal bookmarks so I can find those posts again (because the search doesn't work properly), but my tag text had been altered to something meaningless. 

So somebody has been interfering.

Perhaps I'm not welcome here anymore Cry

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Paranoid - MOI - no way Shocked

I wonder if the text you were trying to post hit the spam filter

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Oldjim wrote:

Looks like this is spot on. There are a couple of posts from Nibiru in Spam Quarantine. Having said this, I just want to state that the feature is automated and has nothing to do with:

@Anonymous wrote:
Perhaps I'm not welcome here anymore Cry

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just looked at my copy of the text, and can't see what would flag as SPAM, other than my usual level of criticism.

How do these quarantined messages get taken out of quarantine, and posted as intended ?

If I don't know what was classified as SPAM (really I don't know), then how am I supposed to avoid doing it again ?

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Same happened to me a few week back.
https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Site-Feedback/Messages-disappeared/m-p/1330562#M9171

Obviously the spam filter, seems to be very over active.

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If SPAM filtering is an automated process, why isn't it applied as the [Post] button is clicked, rather than afterwards ?.   If SPAM is detected then the [Post] action should be canceled and then stay in the editor, highlighting the offending text so it can be corrected.

Doing SPAM filtering in the editor/Post like that would remove the need for a separate quarantine facility, because SPAM would be eliminated at source.

Undecided

Mav
Fixes: 515

@HarryB wrote:

@Oldjim wrote:

Looks like this is spot on.

There were three posts marked as spam. I have released these back to their original threads.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone spot any SPAM ?

@Mav, it might be worth deleting the FIRST of the two posts, as they are near duplicate replies. - https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Site-Feedback/Bug-Fixes-Incoming-13-May-16/m-p/1341924#M1043...