Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who are they?

FIXED
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Who are they?

I know this is a bit of 'nit-picking', but there are three (maybe four) 'members' who all joined in February this year, all with user names in a very similar format, who seem to be permanently logged in, never post, but unlike everyone else, who get 'logged out' exactly one hour after logging in - even if they are still posting - they appear never to disappear. I find this very strange.

The currently visible three of this group are: 'AlexPr' - joined 05.51 on 08/02/2024, 'AustinMn' - joined 2035 on 18/02/2024, and 'RonaldOl' - joined 1045 on 08/02/2024.

Doubt anyone else has noticed, and don't suppose it really matters, but it is still strange.

John
8 REPLIES 8
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Who are they?

@jab1 wrote:

but unlike everyone else, who get 'logged out' exactly one hour after logging in - even if they are still posting 

Never been logged out, is this a feature only applicable to newbies ?

jab1
Legend

Sorry, @Champnet , I should possibly have been clearer - when I say 'logged out' , this only applies to the online members list visible if you click the 'Plusnet Community' link and scroll to the bottom of the resulting page - you obviously aren't physically logged out, as even when I don't appear on there I can still post, but if you check my profile and the 'status button on there, it is grey - i.e.theoretically, I am not logged in, even though I clearly am.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

There are a lot of scam accounts on here.  Sadly this service does not require one to already have a PlusNet account to register.  These too appear somewhat similar...

789wincompany

789clubsasia1

There are a lot of accounts having '789' in their name, all looking suspiciously alike.

kubetlaw is identical to the two above ... created within the last hour.  It must be a fulltime job for the Mods keeping this place safe and clean.  Personally I think the time to close open access to the forum is long over due.

Similar new players ... bongdatructuyen 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@Townman See your point, but these, usually Vietnamese, players do not sign in every day with the same details - as the ones I specifically mentioned above in my initial post, do.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@Townman wrote:

It must be a fulltime job for the Mods keeping this place safe and clean. 

To catch them all would be a 24/7/365 task.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

Interesting - those three have 'vanished' - as at 07.05, anyway.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Fix

I 'vanished' them yesterday..

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Is it possible to geolocation inhibit access to the sign up page?

If yes, that could block these suspicious players signing up whilst leaving general access available from non-UK locations.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.