cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What`s happened to the forum lately ?

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: What`s happened to the forum lately ?

@Anonymous  OK... To a point... I agree... however..... it started happening a last week.... for no apparent reason.... hence my post on the forum... i.e.  I haven`t changed anything.... prior... so why should it start happening... 

everyone blame me... says its my cookies.... says its me that is remembering the last time I went to page 2... when I don`t keep cookies... and I don`t visit page 2... unless directed to on a link... and then after that I have visited many other pages before shutting down at midnite.... then ... next morning.... it shows page one on the opening bookmark.... then I log in... then is shows page 2... so... how does that relate ?

Add to that... a clean install on a different hard drive.. of Windows 7... a re-install of all progs and addons... to bring it back to "normal" for me... and a change of browser from 32 bit to 64 bit...

Also.. jaread also gets the same thing to happen ? 

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@Anonymous, I dont think that this has anything to do with @shutter and his browser. I replicated this myself with a test account using FF and Chrome - private browsing session and no addons (safe mode).

If this has only been happening in the last week or so then I suspect that something might have changed when the software update occured (which was a couple of weeks ago).

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK guys, just thought I'd mention it in the passing, we all know how fickle software can be. Smiley

shutter
Community Veteran

@Anonymous  The name is  "shutter" ....... not  "software"   ....... ShockedCheesy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shutter, with the problems you've had with you computers, sometimes I'm not so sure! Funny

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

The problem with software is..the more idiot -proof you make it, along comes a better idiot. (ooooops, I'm off to my cupboard under the sink,...now,where's my secret stash of meths).  Lips_are_sealed

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I spoke to Lithium yesterday on a conference call and brought this bug up seeing as there was some time left. They have now seen this bug in action and can reproduce it at will. I have provided screenshots, this thread and also two screen capture videos of myself going through the login and being redirected. The support engineers confirmed to me that this looks like a bug in the software. I did some more tests this morning and provided all the data to Lithium support.

All we can do now is wait for the Lithium developers to pick this up in their schedule to have it investigated and fixed on their end. Unfortunately, as with most software development companies, there is a code freeze so this particular bug will not be fixed until after the christmas break. The most they can do right now is identify the issue in the code and have a fix ready for the new year when the code freeze has been lifted.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

shutter
Community Veteran

@jaread83Thanks for that information.... just to let you know.... still happening ! ! .. will keep an eye on it.. and hope for the "upgrade" of the system, in the new year ! ! .

Happy New Year to all our readers ! .