cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the purpose of Superuser Escalation?

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

What is the purpose of Superuser Escalation?

This was apparently applied in response to one of my posts (see Mail not being received) The associated message was as follows:

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.
Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.
Reason for escalation: Chase status

There has since been no response from Plusnet. And the message suggests that I shouldn’t expect priority treatment, and that I should be patient.

I have been patient. It was 16 days from my first post before anyone from Plusnet responded. Over the next 4 days there was some dialogue, without a resolution, but told an update on a current problem would be forthcoming. No further communication in the next 3 weeks until I prompted, followed by another week without a response. A further prompt resulted in another two weeks waiting for a reply. Apart from a nudge by one of the Superusers early in the thread, and contribution from another Superuser, the lack of response from Plusnet staff was not flagged for escalation. Until, that is, I posted a response which was critical of Plusnet at which point I was politely told via Superuser escalation to be patient and not add further comment.

I’m wondering what the next stage would be if I continued to add (justifiable in my view) criticism of the poor response to the thread/issue, a temporary or permanent ban from the forum? Is this what is meant by escalation?

My other car isn't a Ferrari
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: What is the purpose of Superuser Escalation?

all it means is that it has been raised in the superuser board (hidden from us lesser mortals) and further posts or nagging by yourself wouldn't create any waves and certainly wouldn't cause a risk of you being banned

how quickly or otherwise it will be addressed - non of us have any idea

pikster
Hooked

Just being as honest as I can be here.

The comments made by PN staff were that a small number of people were having similar problems, that means a very low priority problem. This will get pushed back and back and back as higher priority issues come up.

Were it something affecting many customers it would likely get faster attention...

I know it's not great but, maybe gmail? 

You most likely would not get any kind of issue replying to the thread further, if only to show that PN have not yet responded and give visibility to that fact, but it would not speed the problem along...

Mav
Fixes: 515

Further to what Oldjim has said as long as no forum rules get broken you can continue to post in a Superuser-escalated thread.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Thanks for the advice, information and insight.Thumbs_Up

I'll just have to unfold my arms, stop stamping my feet, and lower my expectations.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Apologies @maranello

This was apparently applied in response to one of my posts (see Mail not being received) The associated message was as follows:

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.
Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.
Reason for escalation: Chase status

The message is just a simple indicator that the SU's have picked up on a forum post needing some attention (in your case the  protracted delay in plusnet response) and have chased for a response.  I'll give another prod!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@maranello  

@maranello wrote:

Thanks for the advice, information and insight.Thumbs_Up

I'll just have to unfold my arms, stop stamping my feet, and lower my expectations.

Yeah... you can`t expect too much from  "Award winning customer service".... when the award would be for the "slowest" customer service...