cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the maximum number of characters available in the "Insert Code" box ?

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the maximum number of characters available in the "Insert Code" box ?

@jaread83, later today I am likely to post on this forum a large text file into the 'Rich Text' editor's "Insert Code" box, so that I can assist Bob Pullen with a technical issue, and to allow other forum members to be able to comment and express any ideas that might help solve our issue.

My question is what is the maximum number of characters allowed in the "Insert Code" box ?

And will the forum crash if I paste a plain ASCII document of perhaps a thousand lines long ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: What is the maximum number of characters available in the "Insert Code" box ?

Fix

Hi @Anonymous,

There is no character limit defined for any specific function in the text editor (quote, code, etc) but there is a 50,000 chracter limit on posts which should be plenty.

I personally use pastebin for sharing any kind of long code based text so it saves users having to scroll. But that's up to you guys with how you'd like to format your messages.

Hope this helps.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: What is the maximum number of characters available in the "Insert Code" box ?

And I don't think the forum will crash if you paste in a long string of text as code.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your replies !

I can work with 50000 characters, and will split my replies over several posts if/when I exceed that limit.