cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the fortnightly forum bug fixes from Plusnet ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What happened to the fortnightly forum bug fixes from Plusnet ?

@LouisaMartin wrote:

As we don't have full time Web Dev resource on Community, we'll be doing our releases fortnightly @Anonymous on the opposite fortnight to the main website releases. 

This allows the web dev team (i.e. @jaread83@mtrinder and others) to share their time across a number of other Digital areas and by doing our releases fortnightly, they can allocate their time and resource better.

What happened in reality with these fortnightly bug fixes ? -

13th May - A collection of trivial and inconsequential fixes released, none of which addressed priority issues.

27th May - No fixes released - FAIL !

10th June - No fixes again - FAIL !

24th June - Prepare to be disappointed ?

As we have now come to expect, Plusnet has FAILED to deliver AGAIN, and the forum is still a nightmare to use.

Angry

6 REPLIES 6
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: What happened to the fortnightly forum bug fixes from Plusnet ?

I hear you @Anonymous and I am trying to get time booked into getting community work done. Unfortunately for me I have been put on other work for Plusnet and trying to get some time in to do some updates as I have a few things on the backlog that I'd like to do. There is still a release cycle, it's just that there is no work to be pushed from staging to live right now so there is no point in doing a release.

As I said, I am trying to get time booked in to do some changes here and there. Currently I allow myself an hour every morning to read through the community and compose some replies and then I do what I can in my lunch/breaks inbetween the work that I am actually booked in to do.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I really appreciate the work you are doing and the time pressures due to other priorities but this

As I said, I am trying to get time booked in to do some changes here and there. Currently I allow myself an hour every morning to read through the community and compose some replies and then I do what I can in my lunch/breaks inbetween the work that I am actually booked in to do.

gives me the clear impression that Plusnet are not giving this forum and its various problems the priority it needs nor the priority we were led to believe it would have

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It's a high priority for me @Oldjim!

As for time being booked, I am currently in the process of sorting out a very important part of the plusnet website which requires a lot of my time. I have asked for time to do some work on the community as we have some tickets on the backlog that I can look into and they have been given the go ahead to start work. I just need to make sure those tickets are in my weekly sprint when my team leader sorts out the work for each week.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

So Basically PN has only one part time Forum web developer ? 

Hence why it takes so long to get a Fix Embarrassed  as it was suposed to new and improved Crazy3

Maybe they should have had a FULL time member to sort things out !!

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@rongtw

That was never going to happen. The whole outsource the forum to Lithium was done to reduce costs and make it someone else's problem.  Typical MBA behaviour

PS Please @jaread83 don't take this as aimed at you, this is aimed at your Board members and their assistants.

Edit for PS

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

to add to this, I am full time.. just full time with everything and not just the community. For all things frontend, I am the guy to talk to. For backend changes and system bugs, its Lithium that we raise support tickets to investigate. I have been showing a few new members to my team the system so that they can pick up tickets in the future but as it is right now I am the best person to make changes. I can only change things at a visual level though so keep that in mind.