Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Makes a Veteran

FIXED
avatastic
Grafter

What Makes a Veteran

What makes a veteran a veteran? Length of membership? Number of posts? Some setting that was in SMF that was used to identify Bright Sparks that's been carried over?

I ask because I've been struck down with the label and animation Sad

F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
29 REPLIES 29
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

What Makes a Veteran

@avatastic

Longevity & Post count are certainly the main factors. The comment has already been made to Plusnet that there are some not too happy with this - got a suggestion of a rank you'd prefer.  Chris Parr suggested in the Veteran's post in Chit-Chat that it could just be removed and you'll progress up the ranks with others. The Bright Sparks logo should not have been applied and that has also been commented on.

Moderators Note. Posts split off bugs thread and renamed.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: What Makes a Veteran

I assumed they analysed all your previous posts and if you appeared mostly old and grumpy...

Funny

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anotherone
Champion

And especially 'grumpy' Funny

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

And what for that matter is a "Grafter", I'm sure I was a "Bright Spark" before so is that the new equivalent?

Anotherone
Champion

You were, and you should be a Community Veteran now. I personally haven't had a moment to check around for these things, but as I said above, it's been poorly implemented and you've obviously been missed out Sad That should be remedied.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@HPsauce Grafter is one of the standard ranks. It's possible you were missed when the Veteran roles were being assigned, but I've flagged this up to be looked in to. Should have more info on that next week for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Talking of "brigt sparks".... I notice that quite a few of us have that "bright spark" thing running against our name of Community Veteran... now...  ? ? ? ?   Is that another bug or what  ?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

That animation is now associated with the Community Veteran rank Wink

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

OOoooh.... so now I can be a  "Grumpy Old Bright Spark Git Veteran"  ! !!   ... Thumbs_Up

Or... other versions ... Grumpy Old Veteran Bright Spark Git   ......

Grumpy Veteran Old Bright Spark Git.

Veteran Grumpy Old Bright Spark Git..

Funny

Anotherone
Champion

@HarryB it needs to be removed because of the bug(s) it's introduced as I remarked in the bug thread. I've also commented in another place Sad

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Thanks Harry, no rush whatsoever. I've been largely out of circulation for a while with other priorities so am only dropping by occasionally at present.

Hopefully I'll be back more constructively soon, though with the forum in its current state I do wonder......... Cry

Kevin
Rising Star

So what does make a "Veteran"? Is it the number of posts or the length of service?

I'm only a "Grafter" but have been around since October 2007. I read a lot of the posts but have only made 111 (now). All seems a bit random...

Kevin.
Anotherone
Champion

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Well I've dropped from UserGroup member to Grafter after lots of posts under a previous username - (mauriceb - abandoned after a problem in the old forum).  Never been too fazed by titles thoughGrin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.