Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless feature(s) or glitch / bug ??

TORPC
Grafter

Useless feature(s) or glitch / bug ??

On the (Quick Reply) textarea at the bottom of every thread
You can click on either the words "Quich Reply" or the minus symbol on the right & the box will collapse

However it does no permanently stay collapsed as upon a F5 refresh or after submitting the post the Quick Reply textarea returns & appears to be a on time per post / thread
Although there is a way to permanently change the behaviour (Under / Profile / Look and Layout Preferences)
6 REPLIES 6
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Useless feature(s) or glitch / bug ??

Don't very often find I need to do it. I usually start replying in the Quick Reply box anyway, when I click Preview you get to the same point as having used the Reply button and with a Preview upto that point as well.
colintivy
Rising Star

While on this subject, can I ask if the vertical size of the area can be adjusted. I have had times when compiling a list of figures (in Broadband/Routers) and can find difficulty in aligning figures under headings which scroll off upwards? I can use Preview of course to display a bit more. Perhaps that is the answer????
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

You certainly can Colin, in fact the whole box size,  there's a gripper in the bottom RH corner. Hold left Click and drag  Smiley
colintivy
Rising Star

Thanks Chris,
I guessed so in Preview, that will make life a bit easier if I have to do it more often!!
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

After all these years i now find out we have quick reply?  Crazy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

That's honesty for you Wink