cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful links button order (my notifications, unread topics, etc) at the bottom of the page

FIXED
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Useful links button order (my notifications, unread topics, etc) at the bottom of the page

I have been looking at the useful links toolbar at the bottom of the page and find myself using it very often as an exit route after getting to the end of the page. Now.. I think the order needs to be changed slightly so that the two buttons that get counters (notifications and private messages) are the first two, then unread topics and unread posts to follow. This also means that on mobile screens when the buttons are stacked in rows of 2 that you get similarly related buttons next to each other rather than being disjointed.

Does anyone have any objections to this change? If you all like it the way it is then I am happy to leave it be but if you think my change makes sense then speak up.

This is only about the order of the buttons and not about the text within it or the links, they will stay the same for now.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

10 REPLIES 10
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Useful links button order (my notifications, unread topics, etc) at the bottom of the page

I rarely access the site from a tablet, so cannot comment on that aspect.  As a mainly desktop user I believe it improves the presentation layout in that the two most used buttons will be in the centre and easier to navigate to.

Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Useful links button order (my notifications, unread topics, etc) at the bottom of the page

Sounds fine to me, and doesn't impact any ideas that are being discussed elsewhere.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Changing to the suggested order seems a good idea to me. 

David
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Okay thanks all, I have added this to my list of things to implement.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

@jaread83 wrote:

... I think the order needs to be changed slightly so that the two buttons that get counters (notifications and private messages) are the first two, then unread topics and unread posts to follow.....

This is only about the order of the buttons and not about the text within it or the links, they will stay the same for now.

Bovvered.jpg

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Personally I'd simply settle for moving unread posts as far to the right as you wish leaving the rest in the same order. It's less useful than a chocolate fire guard

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Even moving it off screen?   I've tried using it but quickly gave up.

M

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I would suggest putting Unread topics fourth rather than third. That way it's on the right-hand side on mobile making it easier to access by thumb (apologies to all you lefties out there!)

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Just going through the threads that were mentioned in the latest update thread.

A fix for this issue will be pushed live today, you can view details of the fix on the update thread here. See the sixth item on the 'minor changes' section.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@jaread83 Looks as though you need to mark your OP as a fix Jack Grin