Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dropoff & Low speeds

Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

The dropoff & Low speeds

Dear Moderators

Can we keep those who have issues with speed drops and cutoff on on thread specially those who been on hear with the problems for a long time?

just though it would keep the forum more tidier

Thanks

Martin & Jay

I love hobnobs you can nibble and then take a chunk out of it
Part of life living
6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: The dropoff & Low speeds

If you were to keep all speed issues to one thread it would be very hard to follow an individual issue for all concerned and lead to more frustration.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro

Ok Its just seems that some who just had the problem seems to get the problem sorted quicker but yes I do see the other side of your coments

Martin & Jay

Part of life living
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

As one who ocaisionally tries to help with this kind of problem, I find the 'me too' posts a bit of a problem, especially the single posts by individuals who never respond. Plus, not all problems have the same cause, and asking people to start their own thread AND follow suggestions is easier if you are trying to help.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Bluejay5,

John has eloquently said why this is not a good idea.

Speed issues and drop offs SOUND like they are the same problem - they are not.  They are the same SYMPTOM having a multitude of different causes.  There is benefit to no one seeking to have them addressed within a single topic.

Indeed the "piggy-back" (me too) postings are exceedingly detrimental to helping anyone having problems, either the topic originator nor the me toos.  The straight forward cases might 'respond' to the same methods (which is why I have 'boiler-plate' help notes for openers) but when the obvious have been eliminated, the answer is to be found in the obscure - not stuff to be explored by all.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro

I did not realised I was arguing to him

Part of life living
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Did not intend to imply that you were - sorry if it read that way to you.  My intent was to amplify John's comments and to indicate that similar symptoms should not be used to imply the same problem.  Low speed issues can have their cause anywhere from the device the speed tests are being performed on through to the service running the speed test.  In general it seems there is little understanding that there is a massive technology stack between them - any element of which can deliver the same symptom.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.