Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest new board to be included in Technology - " Android Software"

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Suggest new board to be included in Technology - " Android Software"

If you want a vote start one yourself but I am giving you the official line - there won't be sub forums
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

OK... if that is a definitive NO.....
Don`t you think it is about time that the "newer" OS`s... e.g. Android, which, I think is the most popular after Windows, due to its wide use in phones and tablets. should have a seperate board ?
The other "technology" OS`s should be included as a title in other boards, so that the customer can post in the correct environment.... thus saving the MOD`s the extra work involved in moving stuff around .....
This forum is , presumably, for the benefit of the CUSTOMER.... not the staff, ( who do benefit, by the advice given to members by members ) nor the MOD`s...  Therefore, the customers/members should be able to request and be given the necessary boards to continue to evolve the excellent work that the forum does, viz a viz, reducing workload on support staff.
By giving the boards requested, also reduces the workload of the MOD`s...
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The definite no was in relation to sub boards and a tentative no to several new boards on a trial basis
Regarding a single new board you will need to be patient on that as, although the mods could unilaterally create a new board, we definitely need Plusnet input and that won't be available until next week of perhaps a bit later depending on holidays etc, (yes we do let them have them occasionally)
TORPC
Grafter

How very dare they make you ask permission, as they said to me Plusnet have nought to do with the forums, as its down to the Mods (when I enquired about an issue a while back)
Therefore
What is the correct information
Who has the final say / give permissions / ire & Fire et al for the forum(s)