cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So who added "F - R - A - C - K" to the Censorship words

zedingrove
Grafter

So who added "F - R - A - C - K" to the Censorship words

I am very very annoyed and may wish to take this further...
"F-r-a-c-k"  does not excist in the English language and has only ever been used in 1 series Batlestar Galactia which has a 12 cert though it was aired on Sky1 on Saturday afternoons.
Why was this added to the censor  list? Because after I argued over a previous censor which you can read here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,106068.0.html  I made an out and out in your face post. As such a certain  narcissist, self-aggrandizing moderator whom does not give a monkeys.
In UK the freedom of speech/written has a statutory basis in Under Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights (the "Convention"), which has been incorporated into UK law by the Human Rights Act 1998.
The word "F-r-a-c-k" is not a word which can be described with in the context of Profanity, as such under Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights act
I require you to reinstate said word.
Before anyone makes a wrong call think about it....

13 REPLIES 13
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: So who added "F - R - A - C - K" to the Censorship words

It depends on whether it's clearly (in context) trying to portray a 'certain' meaning.
'Deliberate avoidance of swear filter' will be a 'warning'.
Just remain philosophical, use terms like 'heck' which are both generally acceptable and 'proper English'.
Stay cool and 'have a cup of tea' Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
zedingrove
Grafter

Well I think it's all... cud up kef Lock slob.  Cheesy
Add these to the list as I will be using them...
Frick
Tupping
Donald Duck
Muck
Puck
Suck
Huck
Luck
Tuck
Ruck
w23
Pro

Well I can 'read' that.  Wink
Stay cool.  Goodnight.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Well the word you are complaining about appears in my copy of The Chambers Dictionary, and there's no reference to Battlestar Galactica in the definition.
David
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Why is it necessary to try and avoid the swear filter - very childish?  It is put in place for a purpose and our mods do a good job in seeing the forums are conducted in an acceptable way.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: ZedinGrove
Why was this added to the censor  list? Because after I argued over a previous censor which you can read here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,106068.0.html ; I made an out and out in your face post. As such a certain  narcissist, self-aggrandizing moderator whom does not give a monkeys.

I would remind the poster about this rule
Impoliteness toward forum staff in a post, personal forum message or email.
This is when someone impolitely argues against any of the forum staff. (Forum staff include Plusnet staff, administrators and moderators.) An example would be: “How dare you lock that thread you stupid moderator!” However, saying something like “Could you please unlock my thread, because I feel there was no need for it to be locked.” would be perfectly fine.

and the reason it was added was that you continued using a word which is considered a euphemism for another sexually explicit banned word and we got sick of correcting it using a red moderator note. Look it up here to see why  http://www.urbandictionary.com
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Or.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frak_(expletive)
jim:green link fixed - it was mucked up by the forum software mod:end
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Heloman
Grafter

Quote from: ZedinGrove
"F-r-a-c-k"  does not excist in the English language and has only ever been used in 1 series Batlestar Galactia which has a 12 cert though it was aired on Sky1 on Saturday afternoons.

Indeed the word does exist in the English language:
http://bit.ly/OmGZ5m
After your unacceptable abuse of the moderators, I believe your biggest worry is not just being censored, but being banned from the forums.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Am I allowed to say Scunthorpe?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

w23
Pro

You do seem to have got away with it  Cheesy
Call me 'w23'
CX
Grafter

Quote from: Un

I recently purchased a Google Nexus 7 tablet, running the latest version of Android (Jelly Bean). One of the features in Jelly Bean is Apple Siri-style voice commands, which has the option of filtering expletives. Incredibly, in 2012, and from a company as big as Google, Scunthorpe gets presented as Scun***** (or something along those lines - I've turned it off now) when the filter is turned on.
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

We're talking about google here, which will be US engrish (note: deliberately misspelt). I doubt they've even heard of Scunthorpe before, let alone where it is in the world.  Roll_eyes
That's RPM to you!!
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: CX23880
Quote from: Un

I recently purchased a Google Nexus 7 tablet, running the latest version of Android (Jelly Bean). One of the features in Jelly Bean is Apple Siri-style voice commands, which has the option of filtering expletives. Incredibly, in 2012, and from a company as big as Google, Scunthorpe gets presented as Scun***** (or something along those lines - I've turned it off now) when the filter is turned on.

OK Can I say Jeremy Hunt?
The name rings a bell, even if he didn't  Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."