Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

So what happened here

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So what happened here

Yes that is odd @Oldjim. If you hover over the user name it highlights but there is no visible URL on the status bar unlike other users. It may be worthwhile hiding this post until it is fixed and the user verified, in case someone is trying to elicit account details.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I suspect that the staff user who posted that response has left and their forum account has been deleted...

I'm really sorry to hear about this, we have had a bit of a re-shuffle within the Team and lost a couple of members.

@jaread83 - is there a preferred practice in such circumstances?  Was that applied here?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

We make accounts anonymous when an account has been deleted. \

https://community.plus.net/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/profile-changes#deleting-your-account

I need to talk to Louisa about doing something a bit different for staff accounts though as it leads to confusion like this. Other communities would add a 'retired' rank to staff that have left and not sure why they felt the need to outright delete the account.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.