cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling oversized inline images

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scaling oversized inline images

A table! I automatically assumed it was an image, well a lesson learned.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Also the fact that the table cells are set to be 500 wide each doesn't help matters.

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 16.35.04.png

I could override the CSS specifically for the unread posts page to have table-layout: auto; that should fix it.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have issued a hotfix for this as part of the next release. This is what it will look like:

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 16.45.18.png

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I know I'm a few days late to the party on this one, but I can't see any image posted by @Oldjim. Jim could you possibly explain - having read the posts again for a third time, my understanding is that you tried to recreate the issue that Mook was having and couldn't, but when you removed your image from the post, the post went to the Spam filter?

@Anonymous the links you gave in message 7 and message 13 I presumed for the posts with the images, went to the start of the respective threads. Was that what you intended? - you can get the url of specific posts by right-clicking the read message number and using Copy Link Location in case you weren't aware Wink

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anotherone - As pointed out by Jaread83 this isn't an image but a table and the issue now has a fix pending. As regards the link it should have referred to msg 5 (line estimates) for my message 7 and my msg 13 was to show where I took the screen grab from.

Hope this makes sense.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Anonymous I did read Jack's posts which is why I thanked him for his reply with the hotfix Roll_eyes

As for the links, I did see message 5 in the thread you linked (message 7) and in message 13 you provided two links, the first of which was the thread that contained the (image)/table to which you were referring. The only purpose of my comment to you, was in case you didn't know how to easily get the url of a particular post Wink

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaread83 - I see this fix hasn't been applied yet, when is this due to happen? However, if it has been applied then it has failed.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

from posts in the staging board - it hasn't been applied yet as it is part of a rather bigger number of fixes

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Could they be saving the 'fixes' to issue as an Xmas bonus - just after the release of the new Billing software? Angel

Yours sceptically

Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

They said the fixes would be SOON ,, i also pointed out Christmas is SOON Cheesy

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

They will be soon guys. We have to go through one last internal process to get all of the fixes pushed live. The last stage of approval are dragging their heels and want more details about what will change before approval. As soon as I get the confirmation of when I can push the changes to here I will be letting you all know the details of everything that has been changed.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

One of the classical outputs of 'Project Management'  - Distinction for the uninvolved.  Funny

I must see if I can find the whole list, first generated in the early 70's and still largely true today

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

MauriceC will that be soon Cheesy

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Haha, yeah I know. If I had it my way you would have had the updates a few weeks ago. Been badgering Louisa to nudge the team that is holding up the updates for a few weeks now but it's all due process unfortunately. The longer they keep dragging their heels, the more updates I can squeeze into this next update (silver lining maybe?).

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Anonymous wrote:

@jaread83 - OK just saw this but in case it changes here's an image.

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 12.42.52.png

As you can see the image is way to large for the container. I have just viewed the link from above and the image scales correctly. My image above was taken from this URL, and not the link.

Just going through the threads that were mentioned in the latest update thread.

A fix for this issue will be pushed live today, you can view details of the fix on the update thread here. See the eighth item on the 'minor changes' section.