Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering inconsistencies

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Rendering inconsistencies

Due to other issues (defective / deficient web applications) I have found a need to use Chrome in place of my trusty Edge browser...

… I have now found that the CSS used for box edges to segregate the sections of a post is not rendering the same on Chrome and Edge.

Edge

Capture Render Edge.JPG

Chrome

Capture Render Chrome_LI.jpg

The CSS is...

border-bottom : 1px dotted #c1c1c1

Changing it to 

border-bottom : 0.5px solid #c1c1c1

Ensures that it renders consistently across both browsers (see the top line in the Edge screen grab.

Can this please be passed to the party responsible for this CSS module (/skins/1311861/9a564793a1f6f10ae5bca9e7e2c69da3/plusnet_responsive_v2.css)

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

4 REPLIES 4
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Rendering inconsistencies

Hi @Townman, the borders have been dotted since the launch of the Community - all of the seperators have been like this for a while now.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Jack,

I know that, what I am seeking to advise is that (for some reason or other) they do not render (are not clearly visible) in the Win10 Edge browser.  Does no one look for visual compatibility across browsers?

Note that in the screen shot of the Edge browser, the top line is only visible because I hacked the CSS to be as my proposal.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Is your browser zoomed at 100%? Anything other than that may make dotted borders look strange.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Yes 100% at 1920x1080 - they are not discernible.

I have a massive panel on my study wall... at 160% those above / below the bread crumbs trail become only just discernible.