cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing an attachent

Mav
Fixes: 515

Removing an attachent

Earlier I previewed a post with a picture as an attachment then decided I'd host the picture online and provide the link in the body of the post.
At that point I couldn't see any easy way of removing the attachment without either posting as is then editing to remove it or copy/pasting the text into another new post.
Have I missed something obvious?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

25 REPLIES 25
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Removing an attachent

no you haven't unless I missed it as well
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

can't see anything either..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mav

Cheers for checking - not a major issue in the scheme of things but it did have me scratching my head for a minute or two Roll_eyes

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

random image attached
edit, image removed and replaced with screenshot showing remove option...  see tickbox next to where it says 'Attached:'  (need to expand 'Additional options and attachments')
Is this what you're looking for Mav?
Edit 2, re-read OP, loks like I missed the point, modfying during preview    Embarrassed
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Mav

No - that only appears once it has been posted.
There's no remove option if you decide you don't want to post an attachment.

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

If you click inside the box (or boxes) containing the file/s you have added you can delete the contents, either before or after previewing.
If there are a couple of Routerstats graphs attached to this post please ignore the previous sentence!  Cheesy
Edit: they were, so you can apparently delete the added files but they still upload anyway............OK that's me given up too!  Wink
w23
Pro

Looks like that may have worked?
Click 'Choose File' then 'Cancel', if no Koala, just 'DeleteAttachement1 & 2' then this appears to work for me.

Looks like it worked for me!  Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Mav

@W23 A little confused by your post. The two attachments appear so surely that means it doesn't work Undecided
Another question, how come you have "Choose file" while I have "Browse..."?
Edit: I tried to upload a bmp file in the hope that it being rejected would empty the attachment but no such luck. the only way out was to load a jpg then modify and delete.

w23
Pro

Yes, 2 attachments, 'DeleteAttachment1' and 'DeleteAttachment2', previously attached and deleted 'koala' which was successfully 'not attached'.
Hope that makes sense, see the attachments for screenshots of the deletion process.
Call me 'w23'
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Oh well, better have a go at this now it's been mentioned -
Both non-attachments will be screen shots from the 2704n -  a non-router  Lips_are_sealed
I've also tried opening a 3rd attachment box with nothing in which I can't get rid off, I doubt it will add a blank attachment though Huh
One minor point I seem to have missed, what have a variety of Australian bear got to do with it w23  Tongue
Edit: Well there we are it posted as expected. Tried every which way to remove the selected files including using the containing folder name, all to no avail.
The only work around I can think of it to "copy the content that you've typed" in the reply box, and then just close the window - the reply won't get posted. Reply again "Paste the previously copied content" and post.
Anotherone
Champion

Just as I have done here (I hope)  Wink
Yep, worked fine.
Mav

@anotherone which is what I have been doing as per my OP.
so, is this a short-coming of the forum software? It's not a major hassle but seems a shame if it can't be fixed Sad

Anotherone
Champion

Is was the only thing I could think of as well. Yes it is a shortcoming in the forum software, it might be fixed in later versions, but you know that means Plusnet would have to upgrade it, and you know what happens after they fix things
w23
Pro

Testing again....
Call me 'w23'