Fixes: 13

Re: Remove the feedback tab

What tab?  Roll_eyes

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Remove the feedback tab

The one you & I don't see because we have efficient blocks in place?😁

If I used my iPad to browse, I'd find one that worked on there, but as that only happens when I'm away from a 'proper' connection, I'm not bothered ATM - although when CV19 gets crushed, or something resembling normal life allows me to travel again, I may have to consider it, and not only for that little annoyance.

John
Alex
Community Veteran

Feedback Bug

Well since PlusNet's QA team took some very long lunches, and feel asleep while doing QA testing on Lithium - I have noticed that.

The Feedback tab is very annoying and it doesn't go away, even after I have left feedback saying 'Please remove the feedback tab'.

I notice Argos's website must have use the same software, as the bug is there too.

Come back PHPBB3, all is forgiven. At least it worked.

Where did the spell checker disappear to as well? What an improvment to the forums that wasn't. We'll remove the spell checker, but here is a good idea - have a 'Feedback' tab that never disappears even after you've used it.

jab1
Legend

Re: Feedback Bug

Can't comment on the tab - only seem to see it on the iPad,because I haven't got round to installing uBlock, but as I rarely use that for forums, I'm not stressing about it.

Most browsers have a spell-checker installed or available - ever thought of checking yours, @Alex ?

John
Alex
Community Veteran

Yes of course I have one, just the built in one was useful - while it lasted.

So that was removed, and now we have the fun and games of a Feedback tab which won't go away.

I went onto another main site, same bug. (Better not say who or the PC Brigade will tell me off for advertising).

Alex
Community Veteran

Well the bug has still not been fixed, maybe it will be within my life expetency?

So I want the Feedback tab removed .. if Lithium worked correctly it would recognise I have left feedback and leave me alone.

Alex
Community Veteran

Anyone else noticed this? The tab does not go away, even when I ask for the tab to go away.

Lithium must be the forum software for who do QA testing, and users who read The Sun.

Getting right on my nerves now, and I suspect it won't be fixed within my life expectancy.

It would be useful if that could be removed from my account, and the spell checker reinstated.

Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Yes it's the same here. Sodding annoying and been like it for months
jab1
Legend

Just get an effective adblocker - I never see it on my laptops.

John
Alex
Community Veteran

Fair enough @jab1 

I just don't see why I should have to install additional software to circumvent a very annoying bug on the PlusNet site. It should be fixed their side, on their server. Me having to install and maintain addional software my side for something their developers could fix is a hack IMHO.

It will of course affect other sites should I put Ad blockers on. I think I can remember the other site now which had the same bug.

Besides, putting an Adblocker on won't reinstate the spell checker will it? I can only assume that was to do with £'s in that some form of a subscription payment for a dictionary maintainence upkeep.

I know being a developer myself, it is not exactly rocket science to put something like a 'DisableFeedback' flag in the database, put it in the user settings UI so the user can set it. I would tick that box in about a yoctosecond. I reckon it would take a day to do, if that long?

Alex
Community Veteran

Well Sky and Argos must have the same QA team?

Same bug as what you have when testing and QA team feel asleep (laugh).

Must have taken some long lunches down the pub when someone approved that.

jab1
Legend

Re: Feedback tab

@Alex I doubt it is account specific.

John
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

I doubt you'll get a result @Alex seeing as you've previously started several threads on the subject and mentioned it in others.

I suspect others who've taken steps to remove it themselves will find your multiple requests equally as annoying.

Alex
Community Veteran

Aside from the fact my multiple requests have actually only been two so far (though fair enough that is 'multiple' I suppose).

My requests don't keep appearing to the right of the screen every time you read a thread too, so my threads are easier to ignore?

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

It takes up so little real estate on the screen, I can't see what the fuss is about.

Like that mark on the wall that's been there for years, I don't notice it any more.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)