Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: You do not have sufficient privileges

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Just clicked a link in an email to the brown bag thread and got this:

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue

Can someone please explain?

6 REPLIES 6
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Post moved for better visibility and title changed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anonymous
Not applicable

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@artmo wrote:

Just clicked a link in an email to the brown bag thread and got this:

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Have had something similar loads of times (well, at least half a dozen, over a period of weeks) telling me I need to be logged in to view a thread.  Hadn't flagged it up because I'd thought there were enough problems already to be going on with ; )

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Seen that one a few times over the weeks. My suspicion is it is all part and parcel of the more general Authentication problems.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

But if it is part of the general Authentication then why do Chrome users like me (stable version, Windows 10 64bit) get this issue but not the other general one? I thought that was being blamed on Firefox v46.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

TBH I don't know the answer to that. My guess is that all these issues are related to timings, and as different versions of a browser on different OSes will perform slightly differently, that may explain it. I think we'll just have wait and see what the outcome of the Authentication issues are, and if this problem disappears as well. I've not had it in a while.