Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Joining These Forums

FIXED
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Re: Problem Joining These Forums

We absolutely are saying something different.

Gmail have changed nothing.
PN changed something - they tried to implement DKIM. They did this badly.
As per the whole point of DKIM if the verification fails the email is rejected.
Cloudflare / iCloud (As noted above)  also reject the emails because of DKIM failure. Others probably will as well.

This is 100% down to PN.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

If you are saying that Plusnet has made a changes (as opposed to having done nothing at all - as happened before) then that is an insight which has limited visibility.

Sure, I do understand the whole point of DKIM - the point being though if it is wrong because of Plusnet for @Gmail (free accounts) then why is it not also wrong for the @googlemail alias and paid for @Gmail accounts as well?

However, as you advise, Plusnet are investigating and we might find out which bit of the world needs to be fixed.  Whatever might be thought to the issue at the Plusnet end, the (previous) inconsistent failure with Gmail showed that their services respond to the same "consideration" inconsistently.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

Thanks to @dvorak I now have the correct email address associated with this Community Forums account. 😀

Hopefully, the Plusnet Community / GMail problem will be fixed soon.

arkitect
Dabbler

What a nightmare!

Hit a brick wall at Registration email verification.

Something is seriously up with the registration process.

I tried with three different addresses over 5 days: icloud.com, gmail.com, yahoo.com… i have yet to receive any of the "Confirmation emails from Plusnet.

It also demonstrates that it is not Google or Apple or Yahoo. The issue appears to be with Plusnet.

Plusnet Customer Service are/were unaware of the problem, and just shrugged it off…

Only after contacting Plusnet via Facebook and Twitter did I get any response. (Granted, it was not a fast response and I only received an answer after prodding them again the next day.)

I am very grateful to Adam from Plusnet who via FaceBook messaging acknowledged the issue and had me registered manually.

Phew!