Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority - Forum bugs have appeared

FIXED
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Priority - Forum bugs have appeared

Oh dear, there going be lots more post on here I fear, I just replied in two others and asked for this to be pinned for visibility to try and keep the posts of the same issues in here. Perhaps you could pin it if the Mods haven't yet.

mtrinder
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Think I've done it... Smiley

Anotherone
Champion

Can't see a pin here Sad

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@mtrinder wrote:

Have you accidentally just done it for yourself as opposed to for all? Wink

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mtrinder
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've "floated" the thread, should appear at the top of the forum. Does it not?

mtrinder
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@HarryB wrote:

@mtrinder wrote:

Have you accidentally just done it for yourself as opposed to for all? Wink

This is incredibly likely... lol

I went to thread options > float this thread

mtrinder
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Got it now Cheesy

Anotherone
Champion

Yep, I see a pin Thumbs_Up  Now I'm off shopping Sad

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Didn't experience these issues in my PC (couple of different browsers) but now on my phone I'm getting the problem of tapping in my name under the avatar and going straight to my profile BUT it's intermittent.  Currently it's behaving properly.

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
John_Essex
Grafter

Another one that needs sorting Sad

When I click on my forum name and Avatar (top right) it gives about a second to find and select the option you want from the dropdown menu.

This was working fine yesterday so has someone broke it while sorting out some other issue ?Huh

Edit: Just noticed that w23 has spotted the same thing so this is confirmation.

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Having the same issue, clicking on the avatar used to give me the options list, I.E to see notifications etc. Now it pops out but it then loads my profile up.  This is rather annoying as I have to scroll to the bottom and click unread notifications Sad

NE

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Repeatedly tapping on name/avatar it is usually working on first, second or third attempt - seems pretty random.

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anotherone
Champion

@John_Essex That's what started this thread off, the issue with the fly-out menu. I'd noted a couple of the other things just before and saw some comment in another thread about the Options drop down, so started this thread.

You are correct in that they were obviously trying to "fix" something else and broke a few things.It all happened mid-morning ish. I think before they darkened the font but it was around that time when everything went slow as that change was made.

How long it will take them to fix it depends on how long it takes to find what broke it Shocked
And the wizard that's been putting a lot of things "right" that weren't, before launch had a wedding to go to, and is on a weeks holiday, so the rest of his team have to sort it Lips_are_sealed

John_Essex
Grafter

I think they have broken other things as well Sad

I finally sorted out my winking avatar by making it post it from a gif file on my web space but that seems to have reverted to the original problem of the timings of the two frames using the value of the first frame of 5 seconds. It should be 5 seconds the 1 tenth of a second.

It was trying to fix this again that made me realize that the link to my profile was broken.

Didn't properly read your initial post Embarrassed as I thought that rather than start a new thread I would tag onto this one that seemed to be about lots of different bugs.

I'll let them sort this one first before I try any more Avatar tweeks Huh

Anotherone
Champion

My guess for your Avatar issue is the fact that they have made some changes to the profiles of all the Community Veterans it seems.They have added the old Bright Spark logo to our displayed usernames. Whilst I appreciate the sentiment of what they have tried to do, that has also broken a few things.This by the way was a later change after the other stuff was broken.

If for example you look at the Community Site board, the Top Fix Authors module and the Top Thanked Authors module has now had the number of Fixes and Thanks pushed off the RHS and there is also a grey artifact all the way down the RHS of the page with the numbers in, and a scroll bar is present at the bottom of the page where it no longer automatically adjusts to the Viewport.

Lets hope they are working on it. I think your decision to leave anything else to do with your avatar until they sort this lot is wise.

I have a few tips on how to get round some of these bugs which are mostly at random but happening the greater part of the time. I'll post back with those a bit later, as I need to get something to eat Wink