cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous forum contributions not clickable....?

FIXED
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Previous forum contributions not clickable....?

So I was going through my recent forum contributions to find another thread I started.

Whilst looking I stumbled upon 2 (so far) that were not the usual 'PN pink' (or raspberry aqua?) and you can't click on them to load them up.

Not that it bothers me too much, but is this normal? - what does it mean?

No clicky no likey.JPG

(mashed ctrl and F5 = still shows as the above)

5 REPLIES 5
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Previous forum contributions not clickable....?

That's pretty odd. I am on mobile at the moment so can't check but will have a look first thing tomorrow. Can you share the link to the page where this post history is?

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Those threads don't seem to exist any more, I don't know what happened to them, whether they were moved or deleted or what, but that would explain why there's no link to the thread to click on.

The post history is at:

https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/43253/page/3

(they won't necessarily be on page 3 of the history later)

DS
Seasoned Champion

@jaread83 what ejs said!!Thumbs_Up

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Fix

Okay, I know what happened.

Those threads were started by a spammer and we had to mark their posts as spam and ban the user. The thing about doing this to the first post of a thread is that it will blitz the replies as we have technically removed the thread.

The spam content in question was a bit sneaky and was directing users to a specific license key selling website that (according to trustpilot) were selling stolen/activated keys.

I was actually surprised that some users had replied to them without realising that they had started two threads that were both mentioning the websites they were pedalling.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

DS
Seasoned Champion

I had an idea you'd get to the bottom of it!!Thumbs_Up

In all honesty, I thought that some of the content of his posts were a bit suss myself, hence how I carefully worded my replies;)