cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polish section

Dusty
Grafter

Re: Polish section

How does it enrich this forum if non polish people who make up 99.9% of the people here cant read it  Huh
Tamlyn
Grafter

Quote from: Dusty
i bet someone could if wanting to pick holes in the legality of singling out one ethnic group that have absolutely no value to your core business

We're not talking about ethnicities here, it's just about languages. The polish section is an 'added value' service which, like most services, is more useful to some people than others (in this case polish speakers).
Dusty
Grafter

So there is no need for a polish section, as  we can all talk in any language we choose with out fear of deletion or telling off.
I doubt very much that a customer forum will be used by polish developers  to discus plusnet's technical matters. I think they have msn and email for that, or even the phone.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Had you been on here when the Polish section was set up you would have seen that it was regarded as a trial with the possibility of adding sections in other languages if staff sufficiently fluent in the language became available.
I don't see the Polish section presence as a problem.
If sections in other languages are to be introduced I imagine the mods will change the rules to accommodate them.
David
Dusty
Grafter

That's the trouble with this country instead of people being expected to blend in and learn our language, we do everything to accommodate foreigners. That's why we have such a problem with Muslim extremists, because they do not feel part of the UK. We are told we are a cultural melting pot, but its a pots of segregated nations, living in their own communities . This is no different, just internet based.
Having forum sections on an isp board based on nationality does nothing for integration and in my opinion breeds resentment on both sides . 
MrToast
Grafter

Quote from: Dusty
That's the trouble with this country instead of people being expected to blend in and learn our language, we do everything to accommodate foreigners.

I fundamentally disagree
One of the great benefits of migration is the diversity it brings. If immigrants are forced to be like us then we throw that advantage away. Further, we risk leaving migrants out of mainstream British life marooned in their national communities of origin.
Providing goods and services in other languages where possible surely assists the migration process by giving people somewhere to start. This is of benefit to both the migrant and the new country by making good outcomes more likely.

So far as PN are concerned… if PN are able to offer, as an addition, a service in Polish then they are less exclusive than if they insist on only English. This is less discriminatory not more!
If PN have the resources to do this for Polish or any other language I think that is a good thing for which they deserve credit.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

In Wales road signs, official forms and many other things are in dual language. I bet there are a lot more Polish speakers in the UK than there are Welsh.
If you want to insist that all communication is in the original language of this country and not something brought here from overseas it wouldn't be English!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Dusty
Grafter

How can you compare road signs in a language belonging to their countries language in their own country to this  Huh
So are you saying wales is an English nation ?
Your comparing things that have no relevance to this subject at all, and in all honesty your comment makes no sense to me at all .
EDIT: The welsh language is an official language of great Britain, to compare it to an eastern European county is irrelevant, as welsh is a language of these islands.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you go to any district or county council (office or website) you will find that information and forms are available in many languages. Looking at my local council Welsh isn't one of them, nor is Gallic or Cornish.
It is totally reasonable for a UK company to chose to cater for any language if it has the resources to do so and thinks the demand is there. It has the resources (Polish employees) and there are far more Polish speakers in the UK than there are Welsh.
Has it not occurred to you that by ging Polish users use of one board on the Community forums it might tempt them to look in the other boards and encourage them to integrate more knowing that there is a handy place to get assistance if they have trouble understanding.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Dusty
Grafter

We have to agree to disagree on this subject. I think this whole idea is wrong.
By the way my wife is Italian and she feels the same way as me.
Ill stop now, i think iv made my point quiet clear  Lips_are_sealed
chillypenguin
Grafter

We are doing round in circle’s with this one, and as Dusty started the thread, I will allow him the last word.
And bring this debate to a close before it get too personal.
Chilly