Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please anonymise my account

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is not needed anymore, I am moving abroad for a while.

If I wanted to re-instate it in the future, would that be possible ?

Or a new account ?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please anonymise my account

@Anonymous wrote:

I am moving abroad for a while.

But I thought you were abroad?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

if you anonymise your account it’s irreversible.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@Anonymous 

Are you just asking for your forum account, or the details PlusNet hold about you? Your PlusNet account?

If PlusNet I would imagine that provided you are not under contact (if you are you'll need to buy yourself out), and also if there is no outstanding balance on your account then PlusNet can close it. Of course you'll then have to order another account on your return.

Given where you've posted this, it sounds like you're just referring to your forum account? Let us know if that is correct. It would be a shame to see you go. <sarcasm>I am sure the mods can ban you if you ask them nicely or alternatively break the forum rules otherwise. That is their job. Plus you should keep your account open so you can wind everyone up how much better the weather is where you are, than it is in the UK. Especially when we approach winter. Check the UK weather forcast first and if it is worse then laugh like Nelson from The Simpsons and post</sarcasm>.

Sorry I will stop there before I get told off. Being serious now, hope it all goes well.

EDIT: Sorry again no sarcasm this time. I am guessing the mods can delete your account and posts, but there is no going back once they do it (reading between the lines). Not a good idea as it breaks up threads, and if other people quote your posts then an old thread makes no sense. I guess it is best you explain to a mod or PlusNet staff off forum (such as PM's) exactly what you want changed and they will help you. Besides, unless you've posted any personal information (in which case it'll be removed anyway). I don't see what you're so concerned about so you'll need to clarify off forum to someone.

That said, all the best and good luck Smiley

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I don't really want you to do this, you can access the forum from anywhere in the world so why leave? We, I included, can be a bit sarcastic, annoying at times and if this is why you are going then I can only apologise for any offence I have caused.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Agreeing to @Anonymous 

Again no sarcasm, but I am sure in your 6000+ posts you have given useful advice to people. Why not keep it here?

You must have enough organisation and things to worry about now. I don't understand why your forum posts are among them.

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous I don't really want you to do this, you can access the forum from anywhere in the world so why leave? We, I included, can be a bit sarcastic, annoying at times and if this is why you are going then I can only apologise for any offence I have caused.

You've got some front haven't you?

Given you've joined in with Plusnet's troupe of [-Censored-]heads to abuse him across many threads recently.

I hope you're proud of yourself, along with the mods who've sat idly by and said nothing as per usual....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveyH  Please show me the posts you say I have abused him in.

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

So you didn't join in with the resident [-Censored-]heads to take the [-Censored-] in the Barbados and other threads? 

Is that what you're saying? 

And I won't be wasting my time trawling through your posts to provide you with evidence, when you never provide any yourself...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I contributed to the threads I admit that but, but I suggest you read them before you accuse anyone of 'abusing' another member of the forum. If I have done this then show me the evidence please. I don't need to provide any I'm not the one making the accusations here, you are.

If you're not going to stand up and be counted then it's best you stay seated and say nothing.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

A request has been made and noted so no further action or replies are required. 

Thread locked.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'