Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oops, profile pic disappeared and can't upload it again

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Oops, profile pic disappeared and can't upload it again

I don't recall this particular issue being raised before during testing @Anotherone. I am on the case and have let the community team know to raise a support ticket to get it sorted.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

My suspicion is that it got a bit lost maybe as a side issue in a couple of threads. However I recall I was going to do some more testing on that which didn't get done at the time, as we suddenly got the we're going Live message and there were more important things.
Most users would not encounter this more "complex" issue as has been pointed out, uploading an Avatar should be done via the 'My Settings'
Also when wanting to post images in a Topic using the Toolbar, when uploaded from one's device they are automatically placed in the Public folder.
There is IIRC a secondary issue when uploadiing images from some mobile devices.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

You are right and the system does offer several ways of uploading images. It's a shame that one of the routes is a bit broken and we didn't get round to pointing it out. This issue is on my list now so it wont be forgotten this time!

I do vaguelly recollect the discussion and then when the announcement came we all got a bit side tracked with more pressing issues at the time.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

You should have finished that last sentence with a Roll_eyes
Tongue