Did you mean: 

Number of replies to posts

FIXED
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Number of replies to posts

Lithium updated the platform last week and it seems to have messed up the reply counter on the board view. I have sent a message to Lithium to get this fixed ASAP as that is clearly not how it should work.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have received a response from Lithium. The bug has been acknowledged and a fix will be issued when a solution has been found by their devs. I will update this post when I get more information.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Oddly enough there is no problem seen with this on an iPhone ... is this a responsive CSS issue?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Its not the responsive CSS as I checked the markup. The stuff you see on mobile is hidden away behind a media query in the CSS and will only display on small screens

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Here is the container that has the data for mobile hidden away (under lia-stats-area):

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 11.33.42.png

And here is the area where this is shown to desktop users (note that the only thing here is the word 'replies'):

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 11.34.21.png

There used to be a container that held the number but this has gone now for some reason.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Thanks @jaread83  I do note that on Topics with *new* replies that "Replies" is an active link.  Not really a good substitute for the original now "lost" functionality Undecided

Where does Lithium QA sit in their organisation?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the detail - most interesting - very different from what I had anticipated.  The different layouts are far more than targeted CSS the HTML is very different ... rather implying that the server side is doing different things for different display sizes.  No wonder managing the skin is so darned complex! Wink

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Just like to add that the 'number of replies' info shows up on the phone but not on laptop/PC. Very bizarre

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The different behaviour on small screens is discussed and explained in messages 18 to 20 earlier in this topic.

David
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Any update from Lithium on this bug Jack?

I use the No. of replies as a guide to which posts to pick up on first.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix
Nothing yet I'm afraid. This will be fixed in the next release but I don't know when that will be.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

As the OP, I am pleased to report that the problem appears to be fixed - will wait 24 hours just to make sure before I mark it resolved.

John
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah yes, I see that its all working now. We were put on the priority list for software updates but I wasn't told when it was happening except for it being at the end of Jan. Glad to see this finally fixed.