cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure if this is a Bug or Just bad timing?

zedingrove
Grafter

Not sure if this is a Bug or Just bad timing?

This has happened a few times...
When I am replying to a topic and press "Post" the event is Nulled (think thats correct), in that, the page will not execute order.
I watched over 2 minutes and still would not load. Clicking on stop and hitting back button also same.
So what is the error? I worked out at the exact time I first clicked on "Post" a post was being posted.
So the coding for this Forum can not handle simultaneous postings.

4 REPLIES 4
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Not sure if this is a Bug or Just bad timing?

There is a bit of a bug somewhere, I don't think anyone has managed to put a finger on it yet, I get the same thing and I've seen another post or two on the same issue. If it's a longish post, I always to a select all and copy so if the post fails I can just paste in the reply box without having to retype it all.
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Clicking on preview first helps keep what you've written, as you can go back to it if posting times out. Also if the preview fails then there's a high chance posting won't work either, so for that you back up to a text file.
That's RPM to you!!
zedingrove
Grafter

Well thankfully when it happens to me, my text is still there.
But interesting will preview more.... Ta chuck
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Yes, I've had previews go wrong as well on occasions, that's why I tend to automatically do a select all & copy. Sometimes I forget and I have been lucky that I can recover what I've typed by a back button in Firefox, but it hasn't always worked  Roll_eyes