Did you mean: 

New release -'RT editing on mobiles

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

New release -'RT editing on mobiles

Jack,

I know we discussed restoring RT editing on mobiles due to the aggressive stripping out of all RT particularly @tagging. We tested this in staging and it was quite usable, but it has not made it to live. Is this omission intentional?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

2 REPLIES 2
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: New release -'RT editing on mobiles

I am still not entirely convinced that the editor is any good on mobile. In particular the media uploader works but I find it extremely frustrating to use. We made a descision to not have the RT editor on mobile for now until I can take a look at the media uploader and make it usable.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: New release -'RT editing on mobiles

Jack,

Fair dos on that then. Can you there please ask Lithium to not completely remove the text when stripping out RT content.

As I've commented elsewhere handling @tagging and URL links "on the way in" but completely removing them upon editing (instead of just leaving the text) is a bit daft. Leaving the text as originally typed gets reformatted somewhere in the background such that this @jaread83 typed as plain text on my phone will actually work when posted.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.