cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forum, red notification bubble does not update correctly

Anonymous
Not applicable

New forum, red notification bubble does not update correctly

There is a red notification bubble which appears to the top right of my Avatar, which shows the number of outstanding notifications that I need to look at, but can show an incorrect count of unread posts.

If I read each of the new replies to topics by clicking the relevant links within received emails, and then navigate to the notifications page, the topics which I have just read are still marked as not read, and the notification bubble number reflects those incorrectly outstanding unread items.

If I then click on one of the highlighted (supposedly) unread posts, then all the notifications get recalculated to reflect the true state of read/unread, and the red bubble updates with the correct figure.

The issue is that the status's are not correctly calculated when you first visit the page, and only updates when you perform some action within that page.

2 REPLIES 2
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: New forum, red notification bubble does not update correctly

Already partially covered by @Anotherone reply in this Topic

But you have added some additional clarification I hadn't spotted. Perhaps the Topics could be merged to keep the 'bugs' in one place.

Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: New forum, red notification bubble does not update correctly

Moderators Note.

Locked in favour of existing topic, any further clarifications should be posted in there.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'