cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forum, page fills with "<p>&nbsp;</p>" when clicking on the 'Blockquote' symbol.

Anonymous
Not applicable

New forum, page fills with "<p>&nbsp;</p>" when clicking on the 'Blockquote' symbol.

So I'm composing a reply and want to quote some text, I click on the "Blockquote" symbol once, and the page fills with many hundreds of lines of the HTML string as shown below -

<p>&nbsp;</p>

There were so many lines, I actually had difficulty deleting them !

4 REPLIES 4
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: New forum, page fills with "<p>&nbsp;</p>" when clicking on the 'Block

Works fine for me.  Win7  FF45

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Not had that one before, are you sure it's not a dodgy mouse button :tongueincheeksmiley:

What I have seen before using Palemoon (different engine from FF now), but not on FF, is when moving between Rich Text and Preview, sometimes blank lines at the top are generated

<p>&nbsp;</p>

when you look at the HTML. I've used the "Blockquote button many times and not seen anything like it.

Which post were you trying to Quote from? Seen some random but infrequent odd behaviour with the odd individual posts for some reason, never pinned down. Also we have seen the very infrequent oddity where lots of trailing blank lines get generated (but that usually only shows up when the post is made) but not seen that for a long time now. 
Whether this is a bug in the TinyMCE editor or just the way it's implemented in this product, we don't know.

Are you able to try another browser and see if you can replicate it there?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't actually quoting anything at the time, I just hit the "Blockquote" button and had intended to type the text of the quote in afterwards.

I could try another browser, but that is not solving the issues.  I use this particular machine for all my browsing without issues, so I have no intention of changing anything just because Plusnet chose to move their forum to the ToyTown hosting platform.  If Plusnet don't get this forum into a usable and responsive state, then I will simply logout and not come back.

Talking of TinyMCE, why does it try serving instructions to Firefox, which look like they're on a local directory of a machine which isn't mine ?

uncaught exception: module definition dependecy not found: tinymce/util/Tools
mtrinder
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Anonymous wrote:

I could try another browser, but that is not solving the issues.  I use this particular machine for all my browsing without issues, so I have no intention of changing anything just because Plusnet chose to move their forum to the ToyTown hosting platform. 

I don't think Anotherone or anyone else is suggesting you ditch your browser, but was perhaps suggesting you check the issue in another browser to simply to see if it is browser specific - as other people aren't experiencing it as yet.

Talking of TinyMCE, why does it try serving instructions to Firefox, which look like they're on a local directory of a machine which isn't mine ?

uncaught exception: module definition dependecy not found: tinymce/util/Tools

That's probably just a relative path to a file on the server (which doesn't exist). The error is outputting the path, but I doubt it's actually trying to find that file on your local machine.