Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forum, Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated

Anonymous
Not applicable

New forum, Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated

Using Firefox 45.0.1, I'm seeing this warning -

Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated.  Use defaultPrevented instead.

The forum code shouldn't be using obsoleted operations !

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Re: New forum, Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated

There's a good raft of deprecated content around here.  I flagged up some during the trials.  At the end of which the post remained unresponded to.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I reported this (and other errors) with a copy of the Firefox 45.0.1 Console output to Bob last Thursday.

PlusNet:  We really need a concise list of reported (and accepted!) errors without having to trawl through ALL the posts.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Would be interesting if PN would post a list of forum bugs they intend to fix Thumbs_Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

This thread is in risk of going off topic!

I've been asking for a list of residual defects since the first suggested release date, if for no other reason than when it goes live, user would know if the issue was known about or if its something new.

The prime beneficiaries of that would have been PlusNet in not being inundated with reports on issues already known about.  I feel quite frustrated that there's little one can do to help users here, given that there's no meaningful work around to many of these issues and the dialogue with the development team seems to have dried up.