Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New community forum feedback

FIXED
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: New community forum feedback

Ah, yes. Tricky one that. Whilst there looks like plenty of space to put that in when viewing on a desktop, it could make for a lot more scrolling on a mobile (I'll take a look at that one). I'm sure it came up in discussion and isn't something currently provided by the software, but could have been asked about, I'll try and check, but, what would be good would be if a tool-tip told you that, when you hovered over a link to the post/topic. I know I commented about tool-tips for something!

btw if you go to https://community.plus.net/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences:portal you can get it to ' there, which you might find more helpful.

Anotherone
Champion

I know that on some of the listings we said that the number of topics should be displayed, not the number of posts.

Edit: It would be worth having a scroll through all the Settings and having a play about if you haven't already. However there is one there I don't recommend you change, and that's >Display >Format for displaying posts. Don't select 'Show all posts in a topic', that's one of the more useless space wasting things that exist here. Keep to the default.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The new community forum.

"improvements" - all I see are different things to get used to / work around.

I expect that there are improvements - on the Plusnet side.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone else tried this "fix" in Chrome or Firefox for viewing the grey font in Black ?

Chrome:

Download, Add & Enable Theme Font & Size Changer

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/theme-font-size-changer/

(There may be similar extensions for other browsers)

Firefox, Try

http://barisderin.com/?p=516

@Anonymous wrote:

Using Google Chrome

Use Custom Settings

Here are some examples.....

Arial Normal

Arial Bold

Arial Black

(There may be similar extensions for other browsers)

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@NorthEasterner wrote:

Looks good, but will take some time getting used to.

May I say, the colour of text used is an absolute strain on my eyes! Any chance of it being black instead of washed out grey Undecided Managed to change my login name to NorthEasterner and will have to redo my signature, no biggie.

NE

Just going through the threads that were mentioned in the latest update thread.

A fix for this issue will be pushed live today, you can view details of the fix on the update thread here. See the third item on the 'big changes' section.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Penny wrote:

@Townman wrote:

Hi Penny,

Like & Thanks is yet another of the considerations we discussed at length during the pre-release trial.  It used to say "Thanks" and is reported as "Thanks".  We found ourselves "Thanking" things we "Liked" or agreed with.  So we concluded that the word "Thanks" should be removed and replaced with a "Thumbs-up" effectively saying "I appreciate your post - either as in thank you or I like it".  The system does not have separate counters for like & thanks available.

thanks for the detailed explanation : ) 

If the system doesn't allow for separate options for like/thanks, and the thumbs up is intended to enable both, then the alt text should say "like/thank" rather than "click here to give thanks to this post".

The main page says "Top Thanked Authors" - needs to be changed to something like "Top Rated Authors" or some such.

... and the "Thanks:4" total (or whatever) displayed by each individual post, needs to change to something like "Notable Posts:4" (or "Rated Posts:4" or whatever).

Don't have an issue with the thumbs-up being designed to cover both thanks/like, so long as there is proper follow-through so that it can actually work as intended : /

Just going through the threads that were mentioned in the latest update thread.

A fix for this issue will be pushed live today, you can view details of the fix on the update thread here. See the seventh item on the 'minor changes' section.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anotherone
Champion

@Penny should be happy now as well Thumbs_Up

Anotherone
Champion

@jaread83 As an aside, but nevertheless related point, I notice that Notifications (still) mention just 'thanks'

jaread83 gave you thanks for Re: I thought that excessive blank lines had been ...

A wording change to 'liked/gave you thanks for' would be good, so that it would read

jaread83 'liked/gave you thanks for Re: I thought that excessive blank lines had been ...

Is that fixable Jack, perhaps give it a try on Staging?

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@Anotherone wrote:

@Penny should be happy now

Well, it's a start Thumbs_Up  Thanks for the flag, a bit busy elsewhere of late and hadn't see the "minor change" post from @jaread83 .

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Anotherone wrote:

@jaread83'liked/gave you thanks for Re: I thought that excessive blank lines had been ...

Is that fixable Jack, perhaps give it a try on Staging?

I think this can be changed. I will take a look at it on Tuesday when I am back in on the office and issue a hotfix for that.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have just issued a hotfix for the notification feed to also display this change in the notification feed. Here is a screenshot of the text change:

Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 09.34.35.png