Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New community forum feedback

FIXED
alegeek
Grafter

Re: New community forum feedback

I really like the new look, good job Thumbs_Up

However, I'm not too keen on the who's online list it seems like such a waste of screen space. I looked in my preferences but couldn't see a way to disable or change to text only, is it possible to change how that looks? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious Cheesy

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

shutter wrote:

... now it is "kinda" hidden and unless you have asked, or been told, where to find the "quote" button, it is not obvious.... button, would it not  ? ? ?

Hardly hidden - if you click Reply to a particular post the Quote button smacks you in the face Crazy3

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

...  but if you did 'spend all day' looking for the 'Quote' option before giving up and hitting the 'Reply' instead...    Cheesy

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anotherone
Champion

alegeek wrote:

However, I'm not too keen on the who's online list it seems like such a waste of screen space. I looked in my preferences but couldn't see a way to disable or change to text only, is it possible to change how that looks? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious Cheesy

Well it's at the bottom so you don't have to scroll there if you don't need to, but if you click the > on the RHS you get a detailed list - full of space mind Cheesy

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

In reply to Anotherone post number 77 ( I think )

Well, it used to be on the "front page"  so to speak... and as someone has already asked about it,... and I, also, could not find it, until I read the reply... then I consider it "hidden"... 

also I have just quoted a reply number on a reply about the text colour... and see that the "message number" is now at the end of the post/reply... whereas ,... that used to be at the top of the post/reply... 

just another way of confusing us old folk? or perhaps more "corporate image" ......

Anotherone
Champion

Well shutter you ain't the only "old" folk round here even I get confused now and again Tongue

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I am saying nowt Embarrassed

Anotherone
Champion

It's not an exclusive club Jim Wink

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I'm in the old club & by the way, I haven't wasted my money on an I-pad. My Samsung S2 is far superior & nearly £200 cheaper!!Roll_eyes

Oh yes, & I much prefer the darker type, much easier on these OLD eyes!!Cool_smiley

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Something is broken when trying to mark everything as "Read".

I click on the option in the drop-down list and get:

[quote]  Authentication failed for the action you are trying to do. This failure could be due to your browser not supporting JavaScript, JavaScript not being enabled, or trying to use the action URL directly in the browser address bar instead of clicking the link on the page.[/quote]

The really weird thing is that if I open another browser window (typically by right-click on a forum function such as "Unread Topics" and choose "Open in new window" then in that new window repeat the action, it works! Crazy3

Running IE11 on W10x64.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@w23 wrote:

At the risk of 'being shot down' by others I actually liked the 'less harsh' lighter colour.  I'm not going to suggest changing back just because I like it since consensus seems to be very much against my preference. Lips_are_sealed

I also 'got used' to the grey text Lips_are_sealed

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anotherone
Champion

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

thank you for making text abut darker, that works much better now Smiley

Anonymous
Not applicable

NorthEasterner wrote:

Looks good, but will take some time getting used to.

May I say, the colour of text used is an absolute strain on my eyes! Any chance of it being black instead of washed out grey Undecided 

NE

Using Google Chrome

Download, Add & Enable Theme Font & Size Changer

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/theme-font-size-changer/

Use Custom Settings

Here are some examples.....

Arial Normal

Arial Bold

Arial Black

(There may be similar extensions for other browsers)

Firefox, Try

http://barisderin.com/?p=516

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I'm all out of ideas on how to make things look better here on a desktop. There just seems no way to lose all the white space and scrolling.

I don't own a tablet as it wouldn't fulfil my IT needs but looking at the site through tablet emulators I think I can see why it has been designed this way to best suit the screen space on that platform.

I guess the mobile-desktop poor cousin relationship has reversed.