cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New community forum feedback

FIXED
Luzern22

Re: New community forum feedback

Here's another who finds the print too light, and with any glare it'll be worse.

OT thought! The old community had its own colour scheme: this one is typical Plusnet corporate. Could there be a message contained in the colour change?  

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

To remove the "glare" of the white backgound, you can use an addon called " Stylish"... where you can write your own  ( or copy and paste ) the following "Plusnet Background" Style...   

Some may not like the colour... but it is definitely more "easy on the eye" than the "glare" of the white background

[quote]

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("plus.net") {

html, body {background-image:none!important;background-color:
#badabf!important;}
body div {background-color:
#badabf!important;}
#sitemap, .sitemap-col, #dFoot, .dFootblock, #footCorners {background-color: #695564!important;}
#footer_illustration {background-color: #FFFFFF!important;}
#productbox, .productcolumn, .rightbox {background-image:none !important;}
#searcharea div, #searcharea ul, #searcharea li {background-color: #ab1c6c!important;}
#searcharea a, #searcharea label {color:#ffffff!important;}
.halfbox, #faqlist, #productbox, .productcolumn, .introcolumn {background-image:none!important; background-color:#a0cca7!important;}
#comHeaderContainer {background-image: url('../images/com_hdr_bg.gif')!important;}
#comHeaderContainer div {background-color:transparent!important;}
.catbg3, .msgbg1 td {background-color: #a0cca7!important; background-image: none!important;}
#bodyarea, #dContent {border:8px solid #9F9F7E!important;}
}

[/quote]

To change the colour you need to find the correct "hex" for your desired colour....    

Suggestions welcome Smiley

Kevin
Rising Star

Liam, yes, from that start page. On the old system on the right it said something like "Last post by....." then there was a little icon/button link that took you straight to the last post. I will have to persevere with different ways to read this new forum. I don't read every sub-forum, and at the moment I'm finding it difficult to sort out the ones I want when I use the "Show unread posts" option. 

Just tried Bob's option of "Jump to first unread post in a topic" but it didn't seem to work. Probably me, I'll try again from home.....

Kevin.
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Why's everything so big and spaced out? Need to scroll way to much to read on a desktop.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Fix

It's all to do with "Corporate Styling Policy" - you want to try it on a mobile Huh

Anotherone
Champion

@shutter wrote:

To remove the "glare" of the white backgound, you can use an addon called " Stylish"... where you can write your own  ( or copy and paste ) the following "Plusnet Background" Style...   

You can change font sizes in >Settings >Display for those that might find that useful.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Too many Emails Crazy  everytime i check i have email notifcations ,, Should be set to Off !!! as default

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Even better would be the option to only receive a notification for the first unread reply. We're hoping that's something we can implement in the future.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Anotherone
Champion

You can also change the setting here and only subscribe to Threads or Posts that you want by using the drop down options on the RHS. There is also email notifications further down the page.

am77
Grafter

I've just changed the text size within the display settings of this forum from the default 'medium' to 'small' and that (for me) has made the grey text a bit easier to read on my 23" desktop display.  But yeah, a darker text style would be more preferential as not everyone wants or likes to shrink text.

It does feel like there is too much white space / scrolling needed, and also feel that the default 'Linear Layout Settings' of 30 Topics per page and 15 posts per page are / were also far too low so have upped them to 50 & 30 respectively.

I don't really use the forum much, so yeah, my input probably isn't as worthwhile as a more 'active' user, but still these are my thoughts.  Smiley 

Anotherone
Champion

Comments like this were made to Plusnet Lips_are_sealed

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Cheers for link anotherone Wink all set to Off , never notify

I also remember reading on Old forum a mention of Email problems with This forum provider Lips_are_sealed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@am77 wrote:

I've just changed the text size within the display settings of this forum from the default 'medium' to 'small' and that (for me) has made the grey text a bit easier to read on my 23" desktop display.  But yeah, a darker text style would be more preferential as not everyone wants or likes to shrink text.

A crude method of darkening the post text whilst we consider making a global change would be to use an add-on like Stylish and add the following style:

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("community.plus.net")  {

body {
  font-family: arial;
  font-size: 14px;
  line-height: 1.42857143;
  color: #000000;
  background-color: #F5F5F5; }

}

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

PlusnetLiam
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hey guys

Just had a note from our dev team, they're going to work on making the text darker tomorrow so it will be live at some point in the afternoon. Will give you a nudge when it is.

Cheers
Liam

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Just added that short stylish to my exisiting "plusnet green background" and it works well together on the forum... but not on the "write reply" page... where the text is still grey..  so maybe the team need to look at this page and it`s "style" when they do the other stuff....