Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More like SMF than I had realised....

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

More like SMF than I had realised....

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

21 REPLIES 21
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Re: More like SMF than I had realised....

Oh I really do not believe that, the whole of the post has vanished!  There in the RT window, not there on posting.  Is that how the spam filter actions appear or if this something else?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Doesn't look like it's the spam filter. The spam filter would have moved the entire post to a quarantine zone for review. I've double checked anyway, but there's nothing there Sad

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

OK let's try again....

I was replying to a post, clicked post and got this...

image.png

So I've done as bid and reported this to the system admin (here) and then I clicked back and tried to resubmit as instructed.  I was then presented with this....

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Darn fat fingers.... This

image.png

There is nothing Highlighted to correct.  Attempting to report gives the same error.  Having 'backed up' to the topic to start again. I find that the post I question has actually been posted.  Something is not working similar to what happened in SMF.  Rather looks like in,y the poor features of SMF got migrated to here! 

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

You must be an optimist @TownmanCool_smiley   Lithium have generated a complete *NEW* set of challenges for us to ponder over.

To confuse even further, if in your reply #4 you had tried 'return to my original page'  it usually goes back to the Community landing page?

Until a few of the current known problems are fixed I see limited point in reporting further examples. Cry

M

Edit 1: Corrected message content

Edit 2: Got an authentication error when posting the first edit.  Two retries and it worked (as it usually does!)

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I've had an error free couple of days since reverting to Waterfox v44 from Waterfox v46 (v45 not available.) Smiley

I'll stick on this until I see v47 available.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@MauriceC Multiple edits and a failure would explain the 4x notification of being mentioned here by you.

@Strat for what it's worth I was on Safari with an iPad 

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Most of all this is probably related to all the various things mentioned here

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I agree - but as nothing appears to be happening, a prod with a sharp stick may keep it in focus.  Thumbs_Up

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Well last Bug fix coming was ten days ago !  Shocked so may be due a update for next fixes Knuppel

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

There has been an update applied here since 13th May.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I should also add that any bug fixes from my side of things are mostly for visual changes and not updates to the system. That's down to Lithium and we have no control over when that gets updated. We are getting them to investigate this issue with the authentication errors though.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@jaread83@LouisaMartin@PlusnetLiam@Pettitto

Do you really, honestly mean that you have no control over how lithium (miss)manage YOUR service?

Do you really not know when and with what they are updating YOUR service which presents YOUR professionalism to YOUR Users?

Surely there is some form of release control process which states what releases are planned for when which claim to fix which bugs ... after having been verified on staging - YES???? Knuppel

One thing a professional outsource provider does not do is to release 'fixes' to a production platform without full disclosure, agreement with and written consent of the client.  I therefore have to conclude either lithium are not professional or PlusNET do not have adequate controls in place over the conduct of their supplier.  I'll leave you guys to decided which one is true!

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Townman wrote:
One thing a professional outsource provider does not do is to release 'fixes' to a production platform without full disclosure, agreement with and written consent of the client.  I therefore have to conclude either lithium are not professional or PlusNET do not have adequate controls in place over the conduct of their supplier.

Does this mean that Plusnet's Legal team have fallen short Shocked