Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderation discussions – split from ‘Eh up, we're on telly!’

magnetism2772
Grafter

Re: Eh up, we're on telly!

« Reply #7 on Today at 15:04 »
unless i receive a public apology from plusnet  then  I  am informing  the telecom ombudsman
It's worth bearing in mind that the moderators are not Plusnet staff, whilst I understand that you're annoyed at one of your posts being removed, posting entirely in upside down text wasn't adding much to the conversation and would be more suited to the chit chat forum.
Sorry if you feel like the mods have done something incorrect, however I back their decision as the job they do is very hard and they do it voluntarily.
Chris Parr
Plusnet Digital Care Lead
Service Status :: RSS :: Email

Well, I don't see anything that either Plusnet  need to apologise for, but perhaps that's me just being obtuse?
The post was removed as it contravened the forum rules, and was adding nothing to the discussion.  If you're waiting for an apology from Plusnet then it will be a long wait - the decision to remove your post was made by the moderators, and in my opinion was the correct decision.  Plusnet were not involved in that decision making process at all.
However, if you're wanting to get Otelo involved, I'm sure that they will be more than accommodating.  If you'd like to draw their attention to the Forum Rules, and the contact details of the moderators then we'll be more than happy to service any requests for information that they might have.
B.
twitter / plusnet

pretty much a hand in glove situation
while i  pay provisioning to such a terrible internet provider
i will write to the ombudsman tomorrow adding any personal insulting posts
and ask them if they will intervene  on my behalf over an any apology
and cancellation of my services without  any personal financial loss
magnetism2772
Grafter

i shall leave the whole matter with the ombudsman
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Posting upside down Is annoying, I am glad the moderator removed It, Keeping with the rules Is a must or folk will just run riot on here and this forum would rapidly go downhill!!
[Moderator's note by Thomas (Be3G): potentially insulting remark removed.]
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Santiago
Grafter

Re: Re: Eh up, we're on telly!

Quote from: o
i will write to the ombudsman tomorrow adding any personal insulting posts
In your letter to them will your text be upside down?
magnetism2772
Grafter

plusnet you have 48 hours to send me an apology

plusnet you have 48 hours (that is the time it will take for me to begin a complaint to ofcom )
to send me an apology
if in that time I dont receive one from you concerning all your forum's insults
I intend to instruct my bank to cancel my direct debits
While I make my complaint to Ofcom you may shut  down my services
I wont be picking them up again   
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: plusnet you have 48 hours to send me an apology

Unbelievable, Giro my dear fellow the moderators have been very kind to you, See here on some of your recent posts, http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,89740.0.html Now this Is fine In general chit-chat and the fact that Wednesday 13 October is English Language Day. Not today or any other day for that matter, But I am afraid you took this liberty a tad too far when you do this behavior  today across the board, Come on now get real.
Edit...Spelling
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
smiffyb36
Grafter

Shocker. Giro, you've been the same since you started posting here. Still remember your rant after posting a random picture with no explanation - weren't you going to the ombudsman or something then too?? I'll keep my opinions to myself....draw your own conclusions. You flouted the rules, I really really hope you dont get your apology and go to the ombudsman, they may put you and your frivolous reports in their place.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Giro, as I mentioned in your other thread, if you show me where Plusnet or one of it's employees has insulted or done something they shouldn't have towards you I'll gladly give an apology. As also mentioned previously, the moderators are *not* Plusnet staff, they are customers and volunteers and if you don't like their actions the correct course to take is to private message one of them.
If there are any personal insults on the forum that haven't been picked up, please flag them to the moderators so they can be dealt with as this matter really doesn't need the attention of the ombudsman as I believe they are there for the broadband service rather than posts on a forum?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the comments that Giro is mistaking for 'personal insults', were expressions of frustration from other Forum members as time and again threads became hijacked with Giro's often relentlessly irrelevant or unnecessarily argumentative twaddle, causing the previously sensible and useful discussion to end prematurely.  Angry
I had certainly got to the point, a few weeks ago, where I would stop following a thread as soon as Giro posted anything, as it was very likely to degenerate into nonsense, a case in point http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,89239.msg743390.html#msg743390Sad
Santiago
Grafter

Shhh, I think giro has gone.
magnetism2772
Grafter

as no apology is forthcoming, i've informed the bank and canceled my direct debits
as no further payments will be made by me
im no longer prepared to accept its forum insults and  plusnet's  lack of willingness to investigate
the complaint personally
I'm notifying ofcom by writing , now after further  reading I'm considering contacting the police
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: o
now after further  reading I'm considering contacting the police
Roll_eyes
zubel
Community Veteran

You have been repeatedly asked to provide details of the posts which you find offensive, and have so far refused to cooperate.
I would strongly guard against cancelling your direct debit, as your contract with Plusnet to provide broadband services is in no way contingent upon your access to the forums, or the content therein.  To cancel your direct debit will leave *you* in breach of your contract with Plusnet to provide broadband services, and could result in heavy costs being incurred by yourself including, but not limited to cessation charges, outstanding contract charges, and activation costs.
Ofcom will get involved with a dispute between an ISP and a customer.  In this case your dispute is between yourself and another (set of) Plusnet customer(s)  (the moderators and/or the posters of said alleged posts).  Therefore, mediation will not be conducted by Ofcom, and they will likely dismiss your complaint leaving you again in breach of contract with Plusnet.
Just in case you have missed the previous request:
Please indicate to the moderators through the "report to moderator" function any posts which you find offensive, and explain in the report why.
Further than you providing those details, there is nothing more that we, the moderators, can do to assist you.  Plusnet have no obligation to assist in any matters regarding the moderation of the forums.
Of course, you may wish to continue this with Ofcom but again, I strongly advise that this course of action will likely just end up costing you time and money.
B.
magnetism2772
Grafter

your reply is too late
direct debits have now been canceled
plusnet will need to write at home to me if they wish to contact
they will be charged for any reply I  need to make
zubel
Community Veteran

Well, that is such a shame.  I hope it doesn't cost you too much.
B.