cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing notifications when mentioned in forum.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing notifications when mentioned in forum.

I’ve noticed that I don’t always get an email notifying me of a mention in the forums. Is anyone else getting this? It happens more often with some members than other in this instance @Minivanman was the last but no email telling me of this.

10 REPLIES 10
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Missing notifications when mentioned in forum.

Same here recently Sad

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Is it the email you are not receiving when being mentioned @Anonymous and @Minivanman?

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

It is for me. 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's both for me, no icon or email and this message has only appeared 4 minutes after I got your email @jaread83!

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's strange. I have received an email for the mention and a notification in my user menu for both the mention and the reply to this subscribed thread.

I just checked your settings and there is nothing out of the ordinary and you should be receiving emails for mentions (as it is set by default in your settings.. the same as me).

You are 100% sure you are not receiving an email for mentions? And it's not being sent maybe a couple of minutes later? if this is the case, I will raise a support ticket to have it looked into.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaread83 - As you can see from the image I got no notification regarding the post made by @Minivanman A quick look at the post times will show this to be correct.

Notifications

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That is very odd as you are clearly getting notifications from myself and gleneagles... but not minivanman!

I will have a Lithium engineer take a look at this as this is a bit of an anomaly.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have fired a support request to Lithium to take a closer look into this issue for you @Anonymous. Very strange behaviour...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaread83 - It's not just @Minivanman it's happened with others as well, but I can't recall who at the moment and for as often as I'm mentioned it may be some time until I can give you another name. But I'll update this thread if / when it happens again.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Okay thanks @Anonymous, hopefully Lithium will be able to have a dig around in the logs to see whats happening here.